when did you start ur baby on juices?

my daughter will be 5 months old the 14th...

youngandafraid

Asked by youngandafraid at 4:41 PM on Dec. 4, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my daughter will be 5 months old on the 10th and we just started giving her a little juice. its very dilluted of course but she does fine with it!
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 4:43 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• 4 1/2 months
    xaviersmamacita

Answer by xaviersmamacita at 4:44 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• i think we started juice when she was about 6-7 months old. BUT we only used specific baby juice. nothing different. some mothers just use regular juice and add water. but i dont like that. i wanted the healthy specific baby stuff for our baby :) every other juice has too much sugar and other sh*t in it.
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 4:45 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• a year.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 4:57 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• 5 months and I only use the gerber baby juices. I use 2 oz of juice and 2 oz of water
    myangel21

Answer by myangel21 at 5:05 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• my doc says that in the pioneer days you would breast feed until they were 15 months old and that if you arent BF that formula is the next best thing... he says juice and crackers and cookies and stuff are optional as well as real human food... but its not needed and really doesnt help... he says that baby food is so processed that it is almost not recognizable as food and does not have an nutritional value... it's only used to help kiddos learn to eat ... he says sure its easier but not necessarily good for the babies
    ... I give my 7 month old crushed up real banannas every now and then or a cracker or a shortbread cookie every two weeks or so.. I even let him drink a little eggnog the other day out of a glass.... it was really cute... he doesnt have a diminished want to eat real food... he wants to do whateer we are doing if he can get away with it....
    dlwsbjmknox

Answer by dlwsbjmknox at 5:52 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• My baby is now 7mo. old and I still haven't given her any juices yet! I've given her a small amount of mashed potatoes and a tiny bit of bread..... And normally just stage 2 foods at this point and her formula! Not sure why, just haven't felt the need to spend extra $$ on juice yet-not that they cost a lot but every little thing sure adds up!
    MR777

Answer by MR777 at 5:55 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• 'They' have had some very negative studies regarding early introduction of juice. The new school of doctors are recommending to hold off on juice for as long as possible.  Needless to say I did not introduce juice until after 3 (years not months).

Anonymous

• at 11 mos.
    NannyPani

Answer by NannyPani at 7:27 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• i just asked my daughter's doc about this yesterday at her six month well check appointment. she told me to avoid juices. she said to give her some tap water in a sippy cup, but no juice. apparently, juice will fill your baby up and interfere with their feeding. also, introducing water instead of juice to your baby will help your child learn to prefer water over sweetened drinks like juices, sodas, etc.

i was kinda bummed bcause i thought my little girl would love juice (and look cute drinking it).... but i'd rather start her with healthy eating and drinking practices now.

good luck to you.
    rachelsmommy78

Answer by rachelsmommy78 at 7:48 PM on Dec. 4, 2008