Is Bin Laden REALLY dead?

What kind of conspiracy theories have you conjured up about it?

Proverbs_31

Asked by Proverbs_31 at 9:44 PM on May. 3, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• I've been wondering the same thing.............is he really gone or is this just something to lift the spirits of americans and give obama more. Brownie points......and also is this just another thing to make pakistan look bad?
    cielo1

Answer by cielo1 at 10:06 PM on May. 3, 2011

• That is unwarranted remark, Anna . He had to make that final decision, to go or not to go , on his own , not knowing what the outcome would be. It could be a debacle like the aborted attempt to rescue the hostages in Teheran . Worse still , SEAL lives could be lost , something that could be forever on his conscience . The lengthy, careful planning and training and successful result is a credit to all concerned , including the President .

Remember, the final decision was his and his alone .
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 11:04 PM on May. 3, 2011

• I'll admit it certainly seems like it was set of as a conspiracy theorists dream.
    Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 9:47 PM on May. 3, 2011

• I believe ObL is dead. I'm just not sure WHEN he died. His time of death and burial at sea seem very convenient to me.
    May-20

Answer by May-20 at 12:23 AM on May. 4, 2011

• I heard the very best thing today on talk radio ~ The thing about consiracy theorists is that you create the theory and then cherry pick the facts to go with it.

For our military, our government and all the foreign diplomats etc to be involved in what might amount to one of the world's biggest lies? No, sorry. He's dead.
    irishcoffee

Answer by irishcoffee at 10:20 PM on May. 3, 2011

• i think he's dead. i do not think his body was 'buried at sea'.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:57 PM on May. 3, 2011

• Sad that this question would be asked...and with some degree of doubt. If Obama was a real leader, you would believe what he said. Leaders inspire confidence.

Answer by annabarred 45 minutes
    ------------------------------
    He IS a real leader. Its just that some people WANT to question everything and they can't even believe that the Navy Seals killed Bin Laden.
    WHY would an honorable, brave group like the Navy Seals lie? THEY know they killed Bon Laden and they did a DNA test too.
    Those who think our President is not a leader...LOL...are just needing some therapy.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 11:41 PM on May. 3, 2011

• I read that they tested him to see if he was truly OBL and they said that it was him, but I am still skeptical. I read in the paper that they buried him at sea 40 minutes later, unless there was a typo.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:18 AM on May. 4, 2011

Guess Bush wasnt either....No one believed him either...Majority wanted to pull out of Iraq and Afghanistan despite what he said. Many people ALSO believe OBL has been dead for YEARS ...which would include Bush's term

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 8:46 AM on May. 4, 2011

• Of course he's dead. Conspiracy theories will be in the news for years and years.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 9:46 PM on May. 3, 2011