What do you consider a hometown?

Is it the place you were born? The place where you spent the longest time as a child? The place where you spent your formative years? The place you love the most? Where you graduated high school?

I'm a military brat and have always wondered where most people consider their hometown.

Xynyth

Asked by Xynyth at 9:46 PM on May. 3, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I was raised in a different country from the one I was born in.  I consider where I was raised to be my hometown.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 6:51 AM on May. 4, 2011

• I was in the same place for "all of the above", but if I were in your position, I would probably count where I graduated or spent the longest time and have the most memories.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 9:57 PM on May. 3, 2011

• <--Navy Brat, Navy Wife...Hometown to us is where we have the most roots. Where we've been the happiest. We are both from Texas Me from East him from west...but when he retired we moved 'home' to San Antonio.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 9:49 PM on May. 3, 2011

• I would say the same where you graduated or spent most of your childhood....
    mommy22always

Answer by mommy22always at 10:09 PM on May. 3, 2011

• my hometown is where I was born and raised.
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 9:48 PM on May. 3, 2011

• Where I was born and raised. I was born, went to elementary, jr high, and high school all in the same town. So that's what I consider my "hometown".... I live about 2 hours from there now, and never get back.. I sure do miss it.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 9:48 PM on May. 3, 2011

• lol, I guess I should have specified this for people who were not born and raised in one place. But thanks for answering! :)
    Xynyth

Comment by Xynyth (original poster) at 9:49 PM on May. 3, 2011

• whereever you told people you lived the most, or where ever home is to you.
    momma_amanda77

Answer by momma_amanda77 at 10:16 PM on May. 3, 2011

• For me, I spent my first 8 years in a small town in Germany. I know no one there now but if pressed I generally call that my "hometown" I graduated from a place I lived for only two years, but I have a lot of memories from there, and I went to college where I have the most love for. Lol, generally I just claim to be a child of the world and just say I have a home planet rather than a home town lol. Thanks for the replies!
    Xynyth

Comment by Xynyth (original poster) at 10:42 PM on May. 3, 2011

• the town in which i was born and raised is my hometown.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 11:08 PM on May. 3, 2011