Does anyone have a child with Dysphagia?

My 5 week old little girl has dysphagia. I am looking for suggestions to make it better. Please Help!

rmconde

Asked by rmconde at 9:55 PM on May. 3, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Patience. dont rush... start with things that are easy.. like mashed potatoes, seek help w speech therapist that specializes in food.
    ClaribelC

Answer by ClaribelC at 10:40 PM on May. 3, 2011

• My son is 20 months old and has Dysphagia. It has been a huge struggle. All of his liquids have to be thickened with a product called ThickIt and he can only eat foods that are pureed. He has had therapy since he was 5 months old to try and remedy it but so far nothing has resolved the issue. What kind of problem is your daughter having? My sons problem is with the sequence of his swallow muscles, the shape of his upper pallette, and he has very little feeling in his mouth so he can't tell when there is food in it. We tried Vitastem therapy for a while and that helped a little. Keep trying, patience is the key!
    jdouglas111

Answer by jdouglas111 at 12:45 AM on Jul. 1, 2011