How long should my mouth be numb

I had a shot of novacane around 4:30 this afternoon in my lower left jaw, it's now 9:00pm and my jaw, side of face, lip, chin and jaw are still numb and puffy. I don't remember it taking this long last time I had a shot. Is this normal? Anything I can do to speed the process? I'm hungry! lol

customcat2000

Asked by customcat2000 at 10:04 PM on May. 3, 2011 in Health

• Perhaps call the dentist. I'm sure they provided you with a contact number - in case you experienced any issues. I hope you get to eat soon.... without it falling out of your mouth and onto the floor! (lol)
    Bostonsbest

Answer by Bostonsbest at 10:19 PM on May. 3, 2011

• usually it should wear off in a couple of hours....i would call to let them know what happened. you could try to drink something with a straw (yum, a milkshake?) gl
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:30 PM on May. 3, 2011

• It takes a lot of novacaine to numb my mouth and it takes about 6hrs to wear off for me.
    KayGia0704

Answer by KayGia0704 at 11:26 PM on May. 3, 2011