WTF am I Supposed To Do Now? ***UPDATE***

WTF am I suppossed to do now?

Ok, so I'm sitting on the couch, reading a book when my three and a half month old hound puppy comes tearing through the house (Doing pretty good considering she has a broken leg) and starts trying to jump into my lap. I shoved her off a couple of times and then, detirmened to get my attention the little brat grabbed my shoes off of my foot and took off down the hall. I went after her but, by the time I got to the hallway, she was sitting there, wagging her tail, my shoe nowhere in sight. I have torn up every room in the house and I still can't find my shoe. Has your dog ever run off with one of your shoes. Where did he hide it? I guess I'm going to have to hit Wal*Mart on the way to work tomorrow... Damn dog!

__________________________________________________
***UPDATE***

Ok so I know that no one cares but I'm going to update anyway. Not even 48 hours after I toss the old shoe, figuring that I was never going to find the other, I'm outside with my father, who was going to fix my fence after a tree crashed on it during the tornado system that came through last week, and I saw my little hound pup in the dog house over by the barn. The dogs never use this old dog house. It was built by my great uncle before I was even born because they had a great dane that they had to put outside because he out grew the house, some twenty-five years ago, but, since my dogs sleep in the house and go to the barn for shade and shelter from the rain when they're out, I don't think much about it.

I saw Nikki in it, however, and was watching her playing around inside. After a few minutes, she left and went running into the barn. I wasn't paying much attention until I saw her run out of the barn with one of the cat's toys, which she ran into the doghouse and ran out a second later. I investigated further and found, inside of the doghouse, not only my shoe and the aforementioned cat toy, but one of the saddle blankets that I couldn't find, Alice's old sandal from last summer, two of her stuffed toys, my checkbook, one of my nightshirts from the dirty clothes hamper, one of Alice's story books, my witch hat from halloween, an old chewed up Readers Digest, and the phone bill that I had been searching for, all soaking wet from the storm. I have no idea how and why she stole all of this stuff and hid it. That little pain. I returned all of the stuff to it's rightful place and the little brat went back into the doghouse, sticking her nose into every corner and following her nose all over the yard trying to find her stuff. I am so pissed at Nikki right now. Now I know where to look if any of my stuff goes missing again.

Razzle_Dazzle1

Asked by Razzle_Dazzle1 at 10:07 PM on May. 3, 2011 in Pets

• oh wow i'm sorry but that is hilarious hahaha!
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 10:10 PM on May. 3, 2011

• aw, how can u not find that kinda cute and funny. she sounds like alot of fun, but would drive me crazy to. atleast she isn't chewing up your furniture. my dog roxy did that to my coffee table and chewed a hole in the coner of the wall. i could have killed her, got it fixed and she did it again. applesour on everything, helps keep them away from stuff
    otoole

Answer by otoole at 10:12 PM on May. 3, 2011

• LMAO. I'm sorry, but that is the cutest story! I am sure you will think so when you calm down. LOL I hope that your fence is all that was damaged in the storms. Glad you found your stuff :)
    CeeCee333

Answer by CeeCee333 at 10:16 PM on May. 3, 2011

• My Shih Tzu steals shoes.We usually find them in her bed.Thank heavens she doesn't chew them up.You will look back on this and hae a good belly laugh.Ya just gotta love them furkids.
    Tikismom

Answer by Tikismom at 11:15 PM on May. 3, 2011

• cute!!! sweet! I have hound dogs too!! They r adorable!!!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 1:00 AM on May. 4, 2011

• I thought it was funny later too, after I got over being pissed. When my collie, Maggie, was a puppy, she used to steal my niece's stuffed animals and hid them in my bed.
    Razzle_Dazzle1

Comment by Razzle_Dazzle1 (original poster) at 3:54 AM on May. 4, 2011

• I really enjoyed your story! Bump for you ~
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 2:08 PM on May. 4, 2011

• Thank you so much for the laugh!! That was hilarious!! I have a Beagle who likes to play Keep Away! he makes me insane, but after I calm down, I usually laugh at the situation!

Thanks again for the laugh!! I really needed it today!
    tracy0812

Answer by tracy0812 at 4:14 PM on May. 4, 2011

• puppysidesplittinglaughter

kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 7:03 PM on May. 4, 2011

• that's funny!

our dog did something like that to my mom, he was teething and took off with her glasses. After she'd gone to the eyeglass place to see about getting new frames, my dad called her into the living room. There behind the big easy chair was the dog chewing on her glasses.
    I guess they just like to take things from those they love.........cute!
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 7:08 PM on May. 4, 2011