If YOU were the President of The United States would you show to the public the photos of UBL dead body or would you maintain the photos confidential?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:10 PM on May. 3, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Other cultures treat death differently than we do. My MIL passed away two weeks ago and a Muslim family she spent time with came to the hospital with their 6yr old daughter in tow. They made the 6 yr old sit in the tiny hospital room in full view of my MIL's body, who looked particular frightening with no teeth and having been ravaged by illness. The girl was clearly uncomfortable but her parents wanted her to sit still and be quiet. The father wanted to witness the cremation but was told by the funeral home that he couldn't see the burning. Hindus used to burn bodies and watch until the skull cracked open, releasing that person's soul. So, I don't think newspaper photos of a dead bin Laden would upset the Muslim community overseas. I think all this celebrating is more offensive.
    flightless

Answer by flightless at 12:05 PM on May. 4, 2011

• show it...for skepticals like me who believe it wasn't him they killed...
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 10:11 PM on May. 3, 2011

• I would make them available to neutral parties, let them verify their authenticity, but not release them to general media.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:17 PM on May. 3, 2011

• Army Wife, I'm just curious why you're skeptical when there is DNA and the Navy SEALS know so well what they're doing?
    irishcoffee

Answer by irishcoffee at 10:17 PM on May. 3, 2011

• Put the pictures out there and if anyone does not want to see them than they do not have to, but the people who need to see them can.

We have seen our men dead in war pictures, I think we can see BL too.

Why now is it gross?
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 11:13 PM on May. 3, 2011

• Show 'em. It'd give proof... The military is already on high alert, WTH difference would a few pictures make? It'd set people's minds at ease. Not to mention, Al-Quieda had NO PROBLEM showing VIDEO of them beheading our people... If they can handle those videos, they sure as hell can take seeing a picture of a man shot in the head.
    laird6372

Answer by laird6372 at 3:42 AM on May. 4, 2011

• If we release the photos, it won't do any good at all. ANd I don't think the USA needs to emulate the terrorists who show photos of the destruction that happened here and dance in the streets ...two wrongs don't make a right. Lets not take on the characteristics of our enemy. Lets take the high road. The photos won't help dispel rumors and doubts. Seeing gore and blood etc. in a photo is unecessary and if you enjoy it, that's sick.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 9:03 AM on May. 4, 2011

• I would,and I'm not the only one that wants proof!
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 10:11 PM on May. 3, 2011

• Post one.

I think that it could definitely be construed poorly by the nations that we are at war with, and I wouldn't want to put our nation at additional risk, but I think that has to be balanced with the needs of the American people...particularly those who lost their friends and family members in the terrorist attacks and war.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 10:13 PM on May. 3, 2011

• Ewwwwwww.
    I have no idea, But I know I would never want to be President. Too many decisions like this one.
    I don't want to see them.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 10:14 PM on May. 3, 2011