Should i stay or should i go now...

should i stay or should i go now, i have that song stuck in my head... lol
any who, i have a dilema.
my df and i have made plans for our wedding.
because of our finacial situation and insurance policies, we were thinking about going to the JP and just getting it done and then having a real wedding when we have the money.
i agree and disagree. im still a girl, and i want a wedding. i want my family there and a cake and a reception, oh and a honeymoon!!
but the most important thing about a wedding is marrying the man of your dreams... idk what to do.
what if we do go to the JP and then never have a real wedding?
does it really matter that much to have a real wedding, or am i being too dramatic here?

aubre22

Asked by aubre22 at 10:11 PM on May. 3, 2011 in Relationships

• I agree that marrying the man of your dreams is the most important thing. I've had 3 weddings. One big one, one small one and one at the JP. My best day was at the JP. It was the most memorable for me. If you don't get the wedding then you still get the man. I vote JP

Answer by admckenzie at 10:16 PM on May. 3, 2011

• i just have that song in my head.. lol ya know, by the clash.

justice of the peace,do wedding later.One question for you..what did you mean by stay or go now? like should you stay and do jp or go if you don't get the wedding?

aubre22

Comment by aubre22 (original poster) at 10:20 PM on May. 3, 2011

• all you need is him thats all what counts. When I married it was just me and him, no honeymoon. We went home afterwards and had our cake. The only important thing to me was that i wear a white dress, it wasnt even a wedding gown just a beautiful white dress. We didnt have the money for a big wedding and that doenst matter.
    Anonymous

• June 1st I am paying a tiny church $50 to marry me and my soulmate. I paid $35 for my outfit. It will be the best freaking day of my life.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 10:43 PM on May. 3, 2011

• Instead of forgoing the wedding why not go lower in cost. You can do a champagne brunch in a small restaurant and hall for really cheap. Daytime hours are lower in cost and not as high in demand so cost is low.We did it, we still had the traditional things and had a relative take pictures. If you keep it simple truly it can be done for so little. Do you have a friend or relative that could cater or find a caterer cheap. Think about everyone you know that might be able to help and use your own creativity too. We found a small cafe and the owner did it all. We paid about $5 per person and bought a couple cases of champagne. I made little gift boxes of chocolates that we placed on each table. Our flowers we bought cheap downtown at a warehouse downtown. It was elegant, charming and we had no regrets. If we waited for money it wouldn't have happened.
    chgomom

Answer by chgomom at 10:46 PM on May. 3, 2011

• My DH got married by a JP - we didn't have much so we went with the JP and invited just immediate family and very close friends. My aunt and uncle had a party the following day for us and it was fun and that was all I needed. However then my friends started to get married and had real weddings and I realized how much I wanted one so as soon as we saved enough money we had a real wedding and a honeymoon! The honeymoon was actually a surprise (to me at least, DH and our folks all planned it).
    anon1986East

Answer by anon1986East at 10:57 PM on May. 3, 2011

• Here is what my nephew and his wife did... they had their wedding outdoors at a nice park, they had a JP marry them, a friend sang and played her harp (for the music), they gave out disposable cameras for everyone to use and take pictures of the wedding/reception with. Her flowers and the flowers for the aisle were bought fresh from the farmer's market that morning. They had the reception at the park.... I thought they had a wonderful wedding (and did not have to spend a lot), it was casual, it was fun and it was one of the best weddings I have ever been to!
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 1:13 AM on May. 4, 2011

• Go JP, you can always hold a reception later on.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 3:14 PM on May. 4, 2011