Was your life just like normal?

Did you get out an about as often as you wanted when your baby first arrived and even into baby's first couple of months? What would say was the biggest change?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:51 PM on Dec. 4, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Well my first child is 19 and nothing really changed for me when I had her. I wasnt in school anymore and was a stay home mom and I had a great little buddy to hang out with. Now shes 19 and we still hang out.

Answer by gemgem at 4:58 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• The biggest change was no sleep. No i could not just up and leave when I wanted but that was ok with me. I was so tired I didnt care. He was born in april and where i live it was still a little cold so i didnt really take him anywhere till like the middle or end of may.
    myangel21

Answer by myangel21 at 5:01 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• My biggest change (still is a problem) is no sleep. I remember being terrified to go out with my son to a store. I was scared he would start crying or something would happen. I was forced to go by myself the first couple times and after that it was a breeze to pack him up and out we'd go. I was never restricted in that sense. I would/could go to stores but I couldn't hang out with friends. That was also a huge change.
    BabyBreyen

Answer by BabyBreyen at 5:05 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• my baby is only 3 months and not much has changed at all! we kinda just let her become apart of what ever we do! and shes fine with it!!! we make sure shes feed and then we can do about anything we did before... we take her to dinner with us and to the store.... and the sleep thing is really not a biggie!! but hey maybe we got lucky ahaha!
    Katfitch4054

Answer by Katfitch4054 at 5:09 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• No sleep. And with breastfeeding I can't go anywhere for too long without my son. (he doesn't do bottles) For the first three months I practically never got out of the house because my son was born in the winter and I really didn't want him to get sick. After about the three month mark, things started to sorta go back to a different kind of normal. But I say things will never go back to normal because no matter where I am or what I am doing, I am always worrying and thinking about my baby.
    jacy3031

Answer by jacy3031 at 6:37 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• my baby is six months old. we continued to go out to dinner and hit up target every week.... we just take her along!

however, things do change.... alot. your life is no longer about you.... everythng is about them. my favorite thing to do pre-baby was reading a book in a nice hot bubble bath. i haven't done in a LONG time. showers are quick... and i rarely wear make up now (when i used to refuse to leave the house without it)

sleep isn't like it used to be. i could slee through anything.... now i'm a light sleeper. and my sleep i dictated by her sleep schedule.

being a mom is alot of work.... ALOT of work, worrying and watching. But that being said, my daughter is the greatest gift....my joy, my heart.

i love her more than anything.... and i thank my God and my hubby for her everyday!
    Anonymous

• My first will be 23 in march and I took that boy everywhere. We were attached at the hip. Then I had another 5 yrs later and then again in 3 more yrs...So spaced as they were I really did not have a problem getting out and about. Now I have two boys that are 2 and 3 and I find it much more difficult to get out..they are a hand full for sure and seem to make everything a huge undertaking so I dont venture out unless with my hubby or my older girls for that extra set of hands.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 8:02 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• mine is 6months and i get out and about just the same,sleep is the only thing that changed for mwe
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 8:41 AM on Dec. 5, 2008