My 20 DS has cracked and pealing feet.

I thought it might be althelets foot, but after looking online at pictures it doesnt seem to be the case. any ideas mamas?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:20 PM on May. 3, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I have that, too. It started after I had DS. When I scrub them with a washcloth in the shower, and use heavy cream/lotion and socks during the day, or sleeping in that at night, it helps. It is worse in the colder months, too.
    beckie66

Answer by beckie66 at 10:22 PM on May. 3, 2011

• hes 20 years old or 20 months? could be different things really. Is it really really bad?
    LittleBirdFly

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 10:23 PM on May. 3, 2011

• OK, I didn't realize that you were asking for a baby...I thought a 20yr old...not sure why on a little one. Did he step into something he is allergic to? Does he wear Crocs or something similar a lot? I think my Crocs contribute to this, too.
    beckie66

Answer by beckie66 at 10:24 PM on May. 3, 2011

• My 4-year-old gets that occassionally -- and has since she was about 18 mos. It seems to me that we have those probs more when she wears any sort of shoes that make her feet sweaty -- even sandals if they are closed in. Once every other week or so, we have "girl-nite" and give each other pedicures -- I use that foot scrubby stuff on her feet that removes any dead skin? Then we rub them down with lotion -- It clears it up for a few weeks.
    BaileysMom476

Answer by BaileysMom476 at 10:25 PM on May. 3, 2011

• 20mos sorry- Its not HORRIBLE, its on his big toes (both feet) and on the ball of his foot and heal (both feet) the cracks look worse than they are, he doesnt act affected by it at all. I tired to use cetaphil lotion but it didnt seem to do anything. been over a weeek now.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:25 PM on May. 3, 2011

• And crocs -- or any plastic type shoe that doesn't "breath" definitly makes it worse!
    BaileysMom476

Answer by BaileysMom476 at 10:26 PM on May. 3, 2011

• I called the pedi and they thought it was because of sweety feet also, so they told me to put baby powder in his shoes and let him walk around the house barefoot and buy open toed shoes, and its only seemed to have gotten worse.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:27 PM on May. 3, 2011

• did you use the cetaphil lotion or the heavy cream? you could try the heavy cream twice a day and always keep socks on.....it should take maybe 2 weeks to get better i think.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:27 PM on May. 3, 2011

• Could it be eczema?
    MMXI

Answer by MMXI at 10:27 PM on May. 3, 2011

• it could be eczema I suppose, I have it very bad on my arms and behind my knees and I used the mosturizing lotion. Its what I use for my eczema to keep it in check to avoid the sterioids.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:29 PM on May. 3, 2011