1 year old feeding

My daughter just turned 1 and i'm a new mother so no experience in this at all. We have now switched her to milk not formula but does anyone know what would be a good meal plan for her like breakfast, snack, lunch, & dinner? she usually gets milk mid morning and around dinner time as well. She still only has 4 teeth

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:54 PM on Dec. 4, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• scrambled eggs are soft enough for her to have in the morning and you can give her pretty much what you eat just make sure its soft enough and has no bones
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 4:55 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• I agree with wendy232425. But about the scrambled eggs. You shouldnt give your daughter too much egg. My daughter loves eggs too. But she doesnt get more than 1-2 eggs/week.

You can give your daughter everything that you eat too. And everything that she cant chew yet, you just throw it in the blender for her :) Thats what we did when our daughter started to eat normal food.

For a snack i always give my daughter veggies and fruits.
    When we first started with bananas i mashed them with the fork and some milk for her. she loved that! and its a great snack.. or even something for breakfast :D
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 5:02 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• Be careful with eggs, because they can develop allergies to them. I had eggs all the time when I was little and at two I stopped breathing one day during breakfast because I developed an allergy to them. Now at the time, my mom didn't know that my bio-father was allergic. I just found out last year when I met him.
    My daughter got fruit and cereal for breakfast with a cup of milk, 3rd foods and milk for lunch, fun gerber snack things or yogurt for lunch, and 3rd foods and milk for dinner and fruit and milk for snack before bed.
    peppermintmocha

Answer by peppermintmocha at 5:51 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• My son is 13 months old.

For breakfast: cereal bars, yogurt, oatmeal, fruit, cheerios.

He snacks on crackers, or gerber treats (yougurt melts, etc)

For lunch: he has some of what I have, in tiny peices.

For dinner, he gets some of our food, and a jar of the stage 3 food.
    MaybeSparrow

Answer by MaybeSparrow at 7:14 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• scrambled eggs, muffins(you can tear), cups of diced fruit, danimals(17 month old son), rice, potatoes, lunchables has a jr version with small diced meat and cheese and ritz bitz crackers.
    imanixon2

Answer by imanixon2 at 9:42 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• My daughter only had 4 teeth a little after a year and she ate EVERYTHING! chicken, potatoes, turkey, corn, eggs, french toast, gerber meals, finger foods, cereal bars, etc.
    Anonymous

• My son will be a year this month and he is a great eater! Breakfast is usually a waffle or whole wheat pancake..just pop in the toaster..and some fresh fruit if I have it on hand. Lunch is sometimes left overs like a veggie or part of a casserole or really whatever is there. Dinner is usually what we have unless it's spicy or just not age appropriate. He has even had meatloaf and let me tell you he will tear it up! LOL He only has 4(almost 5) teeth. He eats green beans, carrots, potatoes, noodles, any kind of fruit and loves little crackers or puffs like "Pepperidge Farm" goldfish:)
    bamsmama23

Answer by bamsmama23 at 10:41 PM on Dec. 4, 2008