Suicide is..................?

turtldov

Asked by turtldov at 10:39 PM on May. 3, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• A reality. My brother lost his life in this at 15. I pray if you or anyone you know is considering this... U will stop and understand things pass. My brother wasn't a coward but lost. it wouldnt and doesnt last forever.
    Madismommy711

Answer by Madismommy711 at 11:06 PM on May. 3, 2011

• I have been there and yes it is selfish, as well as tragic. Once you become a parent suicide is no longer a viable solution to anything, it shouldn't be an option before you have kids either but I've been there and luckily in the end it was my sister who saved me but if she hadn't been there's no telling where I'd be today - possibly six feet under or locked up in the psych ward. Last year a girl I knew in school, who was a close friend to my cousin's ex-girlfriend killed herself over a man leaving behind a 5 year old daughter - what is that little girl suppose to think now? What answers will she get when she's wondering why her mom couldn't be there for her?
    anon1986East

Answer by anon1986East at 10:48 PM on May. 3, 2011

• sad..an unclosed chapter for those left behind.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 10:49 PM on May. 3, 2011

• avoidable.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 10:53 PM on May. 3, 2011

• not something that should be judged harshly - people have to be in very bad shape to even consider it. It's not for us to make judgments when we haven't felt their pain or been in their frame of mind.

I think it's deeply unfortunate that people suffer so greatly they feel that suicide is their only option. I can't imagine how dark and lonely such a place must be....
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 11:07 PM on May. 3, 2011

• incredibly painful and sad. People think they can judge it so harsly....when if you sat and really thought about it maybe you'd find some compassion instead of anger towards the suicidal person.
    I cannot imagine the immense pain I'd have to be in to actually even considering ending my life. THat is a huge step to take. One must be at the very ends of their rope of sanity.
    I feel so sorry for anyone in such a position. They don't need judgement...they need understanding and love and compassion.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 7:20 AM on May. 4, 2011

• very hard to deal with for everyone. The person sees it as the most selfless thing they can do. It is overwhelming. I've lost many friends to suicide and have been suicidal myself. I understand all too well.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 9:18 AM on May. 4, 2011

• Suicide is...............

A choice made s a result of overwhelming emotional pain

A choice made due to psychosis

A choice made as a result of overwhelming physical pain

An accident that sometimes happens to people who self medicate through drugs & alcohol or abuse of prescription drugs

An accident that sometimes happens when a person is desperate for attention/help

It is always unfortunate, sometimes neccessary, & often misunderstood.
    BubbaLuva

Answer by BubbaLuva at 11:04 AM on May. 4, 2011

• giving up.
    MMXI

Answer by MMXI at 10:41 PM on May. 3, 2011

• That's really harsh Princessbeth79. Have you ever been suicidal?
    When your that far *gone* you can' t think of others, or rationally, all you can think about is ending the pain.
    YES, I have been there!
    mrsvixen

Answer by mrsvixen at 10:42 PM on May. 3, 2011