Preterm labor question

To those who've been in this situation.....what were you preterm labor symptoms? How far along were you? What was done about it?

Yes I can google it up but I was wondering about more personal experience from those who've had it.

MommyOK

Asked by MommyOK at 10:51 PM on May. 3, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Heavy period like cramps that went into my back, severe pain in the groin area, and my contractions were timeable. I had preterm labor with my first at 31 weeks, My second started at 14 weeks till I delivered him, my third at 34 weeks till I delivered her. I was put on terbutaline pill form and when that wouldn't work then procardia. Then hospital for terbutaline and then magnesium sulfate.
    lilmommy10805

Answer by lilmommy10805 at 10:56 PM on May. 3, 2011

• I went into preterm labor with my first pregnancy at 33 weeks. I had no symptoms. Well I was kinda cranky the day before, but I just assumed that was because I was uncomfortable. I woke up the next morning and thought my water had broken. It didn't, but by the time I got to the hospital, I was already 8cm dilated. There was nothing they could really do, even though they tried, and I had my babies that day only about 2 hours later.
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 10:58 PM on May. 3, 2011

• Back pain, contractions that came fast and out of no where, I started to dialate pretty early on. With my first I was 36 wks, second I was 34 wks, and third I was 34 wks. They tried giving me medicine(precardia sp) to stop the labor with my second and third, with the second it didn't work at all. And with my third it worked for about a week.
    AshleyLynnW

Answer by AshleyLynnW at 10:59 PM on May. 3, 2011

• I had sever back pain also in stomach like cramps but worse'they put me in Hospital for 1 month gave me magnesium but my water broke while i was hos in th anyways. I had my little girl 2 months early she weighd 3 pounds. Be careful having a prime is so many worries.
    flaka500

Answer by flaka500 at 11:28 PM on May. 3, 2011

• Research shows that Guided imagery, deep breathing and relaxation exercises can have a profound effect on reducing the incidence of preterm labor. The symptoms of preterm labor are 1. menstrual-like cramping 2. presistent or rhythmic backache 3.spotting/bleeding 4.recurrent 'tightening" of the uterus 5.loss of mucus plug

http://www.womensvirtualhealth.com
    http://www.thepreemiebaby.com
    PreemieHUG

Answer by PreemieHUG at 1:53 AM on May. 4, 2011