PCOS

We were trying to get pregnant for 2 years, and never did we were diagnosed with PCOS as our infertility. Now, we're trying to get pregnant again since I lost 15 pounds, I probably should lose more weight but we don't want our 6 year old to end up being 12 once we get pregnant with our second. Anyone have any tips on passing this infertility to get pregnant or have any positive stories conceiving with this horrible infertility?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:38 PM on May. 3, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• I have PCOS and have three kids with no problems. My dd has it and had two children. What did the doctor suggest?

Answer by admckenzie at 11:43 PM on May. 3, 2011

• Visit this group-they have TONS of information on PCOS and ways to treat it!
    http://www.cafemom.com/group/70775
    nsrush83

Answer by nsrush83 at 11:46 PM on May. 3, 2011

• I have PCOS and have two beautiful kids. Losing weight really does make a huge difference, done the right way. Are you on glucophage? How are you losing weight? A low GI diet is good for PCOS since it has so many similarities and links to diabetes.
    KateDinVA

Answer by KateDinVA at 12:01 AM on May. 4, 2011

• I have had PCOS since I was 12. I got put on Metformin in 2008 and got pregnant within 2 or 3 months. I am now pregnant with my second child and didn't have to be on anything to get pregnant this time. I've heard that pregnancy can practically cure PCOS. Maybe you should talk to your doctor about being put on Metformin, I think that would be a good idea.
    tiffanynichols

Answer by tiffanynichols at 12:09 AM on May. 4, 2011