Did anyone else have trouble quiting smoking when they got pregnant?

I didn't quit completely until my 6th month and I feel really guilty :(

MaryJoAna420

Asked by MaryJoAna420 at 11:42 PM on May. 3, 2011 in Health

• It was really hard for me but the minute I found out I was pregnant I couldn't smoke. It was definately a struggle but well worth it for me.
    onemellowmom

Answer by onemellowmom at 11:43 PM on May. 3, 2011

• I was right there with you sister.
    EJKZ

Answer by EJKZ at 11:43 PM on May. 3, 2011

• Nope. When I found out I was pregnant, I quit cold-turkey. My mistake was starting again when he was a couple of months old. :(
    popzaroo

Answer by popzaroo at 11:44 PM on May. 3, 2011

• I cut down the minute I found out I was pregnant. I was down to about 2 cigarettes a day. I think it was just hard because I was also going through a lot of stress. My fiance lost his job 2 days after we found out we were pregnant. Now we live with our parents and only get to see each other 2 times as month. It's really hard.
    MaryJoAna420

Comment by MaryJoAna420 (original poster) at 11:48 PM on May. 3, 2011

• Well good job quitting! I've known women who figured "Hey, I haven't quit yet so what's the point?" and continued throughout the pregnancy. These same women smoked around their babies after delivery. I had a hypnotherapist tell me that her best suggestion for mommas trying to quit is that every time you want a cigarette, invision your cute little baby coughing and hacking as a cloud of smoke incircles their head. That image is usually enough to kill any craving and I used it when quitting with my last pregnancy and it worked! Good luck!
    JeniJonas

Answer by JeniJonas at 11:49 PM on May. 3, 2011

• i quit when i was 2 1/2 months along
    mamawilbur

Answer by mamawilbur at 12:05 AM on May. 4, 2011

• I quit cold turkey within 2 weeks of learning I was pregnant.  It was easy for me because I was so tired all the time I wasn't awake long enough to smoke. 

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:00 AM on May. 4, 2011

• It was easy the first pregnancy, the 2nd and third were a bit harder. The fourth was really hard but I did it, and ya, I started back up again every time, finally my youngest is four and I haven't smoked in 6 months, I feel much better now:) Don't feel bad, you did good!
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 8:43 AM on May. 4, 2011