Fever with no other things going on!

I am taking him in tomorrow morning! Anyways he has had a fever for the last 3 days but nothing else... no coughing no runny nose.... nothing! Anyways today it has been up to 103.5 twice give him mortoin goes back down to 98! Then when the meds run out back up! I dont get it has this happen to ur child!? Thank u 4 ur time

tripletmom28

Asked by tripletmom28 at 11:45 PM on May. 3, 2011 in General Parenting

• no it's never happened to my child. but anything 104 or over you should take them to the emergency room.
    TiffanieK

Answer by TiffanieK at 11:46 PM on May. 3, 2011

• This happened with two of my children this season. Strep, flu, rsv all negative. They had no clue what was causing it but an antibiotic cleared up whatever the problem was.
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 11:57 PM on May. 3, 2011

• Yea i would take him to the doctor they will probably give him an antibiotic just to be on the safe side, definitely not good that his temp keeps going up like that.
    Genice6

Answer by Genice6 at 9:13 AM on May. 4, 2011

• I'd wait it out on giving antibiotics. I don't like to unless he's had something at least 7 days. I'd take him in to get checked but hold off on giving the meds.

That's my personal opinion though. Ur mom and u know what works best for ur baby.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 10:58 AM on May. 4, 2011

• Yep, had it happen before. Infact its one of the only times I have taken my kids to the ped for being sick. They said "its viral, let it run its course".

I would stop medicating him. Let his immune system do its job and get it done and over with. Viral and bacterial infections thrive at 98 degrees. Tahts why the immune system causes a chemical reaction to make a fever. A fever slows the production of the infection, and increases the production of antibodies and antigens. Lowering a fever may make him feel more comfortable in the short run, but all it does is prolong the illness and cripple the immune systems natural defense.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 11:27 AM on May. 4, 2011