.I am on a search for a diaper that doesn't leak poo with my DD.

I am on a search for a diaper that doesn't leak poo with my DD. So far I have tried Pampers Baby Dry and Cruisers these leak out the legs and the waistband. I have tried Huggies Snug n' Dry and Huggies Supreme Gentlecare these leak out the waistband but not the legs. Luvs gave her diaper rash. The Kroger's and Giant Eagle's brands were useless. My daughter is 6 months 27" tall and 17 lbs. So I've been trying stuff in both size 2 and 3. It just seems the 2s don't leak out the legs and the 3s don't leak out the back. At this point if it wasn't for Oxiclean my DD would have stains on almost all of her clothes. Does anyone have any recommendations?

fayrechick

Asked by fayrechick at 5:00 PM on Dec. 4, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• have you tryed parents choice from wal-mart?
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 5:02 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• Have you tried pull ups? They come in 2t and 3t which is about the same weight your dd would be in. They do cost a bit more but I have found the store brand have an aweful lot of elastic around the bottom. That might be what you need. Another option is getting diaper covers and putting them over the diaper.

Answer by gemgem at 5:02 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• Parents choice leaked with my son when he peed it would be all over his back. I like little one's though.
    Anonymous

• i use pamper swaddlers and i have never had a leak......
    Katfitch4054

Answer by Katfitch4054 at 5:05 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• I at that age used pamper's cruisers and didn't have a problem with her at 17lbs I'd say try size three of those. Maybe switch up the diet a little and give stage 2 solids if she isn't on that yet. Its less liquidy. Also look into plastic diaper covers that can be put over the diaper. This way if you do have a blow out it is on the plastic cover not the clothing.
    babyfat5

Answer by babyfat5 at 5:17 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• I used pampers swaddlers when mine were small and had pretty good luck, but I think they only go up to size 2. I am now using the Walgreen's Comfort Supremes, and they have a lot of elastic around the waist and the legs. If the size 3 fits the legs I would suggest going with that because the higher the waist comes up the back the more protection you'll have. Also, I had a lot more leekage issues before my babies ate a lot of solids. I am still buying Oxi Clean in bulk, but now it's because they are messy eaters.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 5:22 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• OMGOSH... I am so happy I read this post... recently my 7 month old started teething and after the first day, I changed diapers from parents choice or members mark from walmart or sams to luvs just b/c I was at a different store and they're cheap... now he has terrible diaper rash.. its been a week on saturday... nothing works not balmex, keeping him nekid for about an hour at a time... not triple paste from the doc... do you think maybe this is why it has gotten so bad??? Sorry to ask a question as an answer to a post...
    dlwsbjmknox

Answer by dlwsbjmknox at 5:46 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• yes that is probably why I wound change diapers also try corn starch mixed with Crisco old wifes tale but works great make a paste and put it on your baby ...good luck

Anonymous

• My daughter who is am month old was leaking out of her diapers. and I figured it out she was wearing the wrong size. I had her in Newborns but once I put her in size ones it never happened again. Oh and I use walmart brand and Luvs sometimes. It hasnt happened since so maybe you should try a different size. Good luck!
    sunshine21pa

Answer by sunshine21pa at 6:02 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• I have always used Pampers swaddlers/cruisers and have never had a problem with leakage. I have recently started using the Target brand because they are so much cheaper. Haven't had a problem with them so far either.
    jacy3031

Answer by jacy3031 at 6:31 PM on Dec. 4, 2008