Anyone Use Excell?

I have tried it MANY different times, but never seem to get good enough to actually do it ALL the time. I was wondering if anyone used it for scheduling purposes? My at home business is BOOMING right now and I need a way to organize my time, you know, an item that I won't misplace or get carried away by little hands when we have play dates at our house. Any suggestions for that you might have would be fantastic!

I need to schedule about a week at a time, but it fills up as I go through the week.

kbishop8688

Asked by kbishop8688 at 12:17 AM on May. 4, 2011 in Money & Work

• I would try using outlook calendar first...that's created for time management more than Excel...I work w/ MIcrosoft Office daily...Outlook is a lot easier to work with than trying to create a spreadsheet to take care of time...
    TeenerBeener75

Answer by TeenerBeener75 at 12:22 AM on May. 4, 2011

• odd, it says I cannot access it and to try and change the command that I am using..
    kbishop8688

Comment by kbishop8688 (original poster) at 12:23 AM on May. 4, 2011

• I use it for a lot of things. When I was teaching I used it for grades and attendance. I am using it now for inventory and other things for the business we're about to open up. I just stay on top of things and eventually it became routine for me to open it up and make changes when need be.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 12:24 AM on May. 4, 2011

• I agree with Teener - use Outlook for calendaring/scheduling. Use Excel for spreadsheets, report. I would suggest taking a class - intro to excel (or spreadsheets). I'm taking the class this summer.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 12:44 AM on May. 4, 2011

• I will have to see how many credits that is. I am going to college and need a lot of 6 credit extra's anyway. I think I am down to 1 5 credit class though..
    kbishop8688

Comment by kbishop8688 (original poster) at 12:48 AM on May. 4, 2011

• Google has a lot of free ones too. If you go the Google main search page, at the top, click on More, go down and click on Even More. There you can find lots of business documents you can use.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:57 AM on May. 4, 2011

• What kind of at home business do you have?
    momoftaterbug

Answer by momoftaterbug at 4:17 PM on May. 5, 2011

• It's called PrePaid Legal. I talk with people, schedule to talk with people and inform then of our service. I just need a way to write up and organize my time specifically for that. i don't mind about the rest of my day, just the part where I talk with people.
    kbishop8688

Comment by kbishop8688 (original poster) at 4:48 PM on May. 5, 2011

• Are you asking about MicroSoft Excel? I use it daily. Outlook is a much better tool for scheduling, and for contact management.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:35 AM on May. 8, 2011