UGGHHHH LOL what do I do ???

My DD is yes, larger than alll the girls her age. She is turning 3 at the end of this month and I have a terrible time finding clothing that fits her and im at my wits end. She is in a 5T, and its always the waist on clothing that doesnt fit. Does anyone else have a child bigger than the others that could give me places to shop where not everything is meant for a child that is super skinny... :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:28 AM on May. 4, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• The 5T waist is too big or too small?

I know a lot of jeans offer the adjustable waist strap.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:30 AM on May. 4, 2011

• I am aware that its a size that every store carries. But it too doesnt it, length yes for a short while, waist no... even adjustable waists do not fit....
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:35 AM on May. 4, 2011

• stretchy pants then - trackies or sweatpants?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:37 AM on May. 4, 2011

• My son was that way. I would just but him elastic waist pants/shorts. Walmart or JC Penney.
    Or try a size 5 in the bigger girls section (not toddler). I think the toddler stuff fights tighter in the waist.
    txnmomof4

Answer by txnmomof4 at 12:43 AM on May. 4, 2011

• I understand what she is saying...she needs the bigger size for the waist, but the length is too much. I have the opposite problem with mine, but it is annoying.

I say buy the size that fits the waist and then hem the legs to fit.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 12:43 AM on May. 4, 2011

• Go into the girls section and get 6x, and shorten the pants. I had to do the same thing.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:36 AM on May. 4, 2011

• Or maybe watch ur kids weight a little better. Just because ur probably fat doesn't mean ur kid has to be.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:12 AM on May. 4, 2011

• Um, OP, please be aware that not all the anon answers here are from the same person, I put the answer about 6x and don't want to be perceived as the witch who put the next answer. Some kids just carry weight differently, my DD isn't that big but doesn't fit into non-x sizes hence the 6x.
    Anonymous

• The Children's place and I think the gap sell some pants in '"husky" that though meant for a boy are often pretty neutral for the basic jeans and so forth. Elastic waists, wear more dresses so you don't have to worry about it, and yes get a size or two bigger and hem them or bring them to a tailor for adjustment, they even have that mend it glue that works a few washes if you want to take the lazy route.

Try some different brands, believe it or not some designer clothes. If you go to a Marshall's or Ross's type store you might find a certain designer that fits as is.
    hotelmom123

Answer by hotelmom123 at 5:01 PM on May. 6, 2011

• LOL ANON @ 11:12, I better go start pukin my guts out.... Being that I am 5'2 and 110 lbs and alll...
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:11 PM on May. 15, 2011