How will you handle this?

My son was looking at and touching his great grandpas hand. his greatgrandpa looked at him and yelled "i dont care for you" and he was about to hit him. i told him " if you EVER hit my son i will kick your fucking ass." i dont care if he tells the elderly cps on me bc i am standing up for my son bc he cant standfor hisself. What do you all think of all this? bc if i dont get any answers i WILL fucking beat him up, and i dont think that they will put me in jail bc im protecting my son. will they? tell me what you think please?

dement

Asked by dement at 12:48 AM on May. 4, 2011 in General Parenting

• What the hell is wrong with that old man!!!! Could the old man have dementia? Maybe just crazy! Is it time for the nursing home? I would keep your son away from him!!!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 12:52 AM on May. 4, 2011

• Well abusing an elderly man is wrong, and yes they can put you in jail. He yelled at your son, not physically abused him. I assume you already removed your son from the mans presence. I'd just not go back to visit him. Or just visit him without your son. The elderly get senile and grouchy as they age.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 12:52 AM on May. 4, 2011

• Go get your own place, don't ever talk to an elderly person like that. What is wrong with you? He is defenseless, he is old, probably helpless, and has to live with a child that probably drives him up the wall, wouldn't you be a bit cranky?
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 1:04 AM on May. 4, 2011

• wow how incredibly sad. Is the great grandpa suffering from dementia or anything like that? Instead of kicking his a I would keep my child away from him.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 12:52 AM on May. 4, 2011

• Is this a normal thing with great grandpa? If so, then I would keep DS away from him. If not then he might have some mental issues going on and I would take him to the doctor to find out what is wrong. It could be any number of things from dementia to Alzheimer.
    firepony

Answer by firepony at 12:54 AM on May. 4, 2011

• well first and foremost you can't raise your son from jail so stop and think a second....
    yes he was wrong. but he didn't hit your son you stopped that good for you !
    no you can't beat him up for being rude what would that teach your son ?
    do you live with the great grand father? I'd talk to my son and tell him that
    he doesn't like to be touched and next time your around him for him to keep his hands to himself
    I would watch my son very close from now on... some people are just mean and being old and grouchy isn't an excuse
    traren

Answer by traren at 1:01 AM on May. 4, 2011

• ok so my family lives with my hubbys mom which i didnt want to do in the first place, there is NO way i can keep him away. abusing a child is wron too no matter how old you are. i try to get my mother in law to put him in a home but she dont want to. and yes he just yelled at him but he WAS about to hit him befor i moved him from there. he can go to jail for abusing a baby right?
    dement

Comment by dement (original poster) at 1:02 AM on May. 4, 2011

• my son dont understand bc i told him time and time to not do that and he is one
    dement

Comment by dement (original poster) at 1:04 AM on May. 4, 2011

• first of all i tried to ask 100 times and all my husband says is no. second, he is not helpless and defeseless. and my son is good and does NOT drive anyone up the wall.
    dement

Comment by dement (original poster) at 1:07 AM on May. 4, 2011

• and he is not a bit cranky he is ALL cranky, and he yells at me and calls me a bitch, and he has raised his fist at me like he was about to hit me. i think its bc he was a wife beater when he was younger. and child abuse is the same worse. there is nothing wrong with me, he is crazy. he hears what he wants to hear, and twists EVERTHING around.
    dement

Comment by dement (original poster) at 1:10 AM on May. 4, 2011