How often does your spouse ...

1) tell you Thank you? and that they appreciate the things you do?
2) how often do you say Thank you and tell them you appreciate the things they do?
I recently realized that I hardly every tell mine Thank you although I say it to my kids all day long to teach them to say it back... he never said anything just kept right on saying thank you and how much he appreciates the little things I do for him.... I can't remember the last time I said I appreciated him....
so tonight I wrote him a four page letter listing off the things he's done that I appreciate and thanking him for teaching me that I need to practice what I teach!!!!!

traren

Asked by traren at 12:52 AM on May. 4, 2011 in Relationships

• Yep its easy to get caught up in the day to day stuff we do and take our spouses for granted. I know my dh really appreciates it when I say Thank you so I try and remember to say it.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 12:54 AM on May. 4, 2011

• He does tell me thank you often. I also tell him thank you when he's done something. I suppose its just natural for us? I don't really make it a big deal. We do things for one another and the appropriate response is thanks. Simple as that.

He thanks me often for having his daughter, And since I'm about to give birth to our son I'm sure I'll hear thank you for him very soon. He thanks me for putting up with him too. lol. He's bipolar, so its not easy sometimes.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 12:55 AM on May. 4, 2011

• Everyday.
    Mousuke

Answer by Mousuke at 12:55 AM on May. 4, 2011

• Great idea to write that letter! I text my husband or email him at work most days to tell him how grateful I am that he works so hard for us and that I get to spend all day with our children. He loves the little pick-me-ups like that.
    MyGiftsFromGod

Answer by MyGiftsFromGod at 12:58 AM on May. 4, 2011

• Awww that was sweet of you.
    My hubby always says thank you to me. I always say thank you to the kids. Yet I too often forget to thank him & tell him I appreciate him. My husband really helps out a bunch too.

Think I will go tell him, right now. =)
    txnmomof4

Answer by txnmomof4 at 1:00 AM on May. 4, 2011

• We've been married 21 years and I'm sad to say we do take each other for granted a lot. As you said, the please and thank-yous are numerous between me and the kids, but between me and DH... not so much. We just get swept along in the day-to-day and the chaos of family life. Maybe it's something I should work on, too! Thanks. :)
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 1:03 AM on May. 4, 2011

• We actually say "thank you" quite often... How much of those little things we really, sincerely appreciate, I don't know for sure... I mean, I know I certainly do when I say it, but then I know it doesn't come into consideration later... Not really. I think I take him for granted. He's a great guy. Thanks for the lesson!!!

thank you

CeeCee333

Answer by CeeCee333 at 1:07 AM on May. 4, 2011

• it was something that I felt needed to be shared
    I truly am a Blessed woman to have such a Loving and kind Man in my life....
    traren

Comment by traren (original poster) at 1:11 AM on May. 4, 2011

• We both thank each other always but sometimes when we r mad we dont appreciate all the things dat each one had done for the relationship, sometimes people forget or they werent raise that way
    LinaG02

Answer by LinaG02 at 1:14 AM on May. 4, 2011

• My DH rarely says it...I say it most of the time... I've started doing what I do with our toddlers... When he forgets I say, with a smile, "You're welcome"
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:32 AM on May. 4, 2011