SO/DH during labor?..

Just curious, how did your SO/DH act during the labor and delivery process???

Wimpy? Panicked? Superman? Nervous? Etc?....

Floridamommy26

Asked by Floridamommy26 at 12:54 AM on May. 4, 2011 in General Parenting

• Mine was superman when our child actually arrived he did tear up sweet moment.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 12:55 AM on May. 4, 2011

• Very supportive. He's my rock honestly. Constantly there to massage my back, cheer me on, and be there when I'm ready to tear his head off. lol. He understands, and is super calm through it all.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 12:57 AM on May. 4, 2011

• My first husband almost fainted. He couldn't handle it. I made him leave the room. He was sitting in the corner rocking back and forth.
    My wonderful and emotional DH now cried when our son was born. It was so sweet.
    firepony

Answer by firepony at 12:57 AM on May. 4, 2011

• He wound up sleeping through most of my non-progressing first birth, but was right there beside me for the emergency C-section. He was also right there next to me, cracking jokes with the anesthesiologist, for the "birth" of our second child via planned C-section.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 12:59 AM on May. 4, 2011

• He told me "I'll be there, I'll hold your hand, but I'm not looking down" So he was at my head the whole time reassuring me..(though he did get a peek & looked a little green) He just hates to see me in any form of pain, but he overcame his own fear.
    EdwinsMommy

Answer by EdwinsMommy at 12:59 AM on May. 4, 2011

• My husband was so great and supportive. I was in labor for 12 hours and he stayed in there with me the whole time. When they decided to give me a c-section he went back with me and held my hand through it all and my husband also cried when our son was born. I couldn't ask for a better man.
    tiffanynichols

Answer by tiffanynichols at 1:01 AM on May. 4, 2011

• That's great ladies my DF was totally a superman/nurse/coach everything.. He didn't leave my side at all except when he went to the nicu after they pulled our dd out(emergency csection) ... He wiped my blood, fluids, everything from under me, off the floor or wherever it landed lol... He did more than my nurse did!! He's absolutely my heart and my better half
    Floridamommy26

Comment by Floridamommy26 (original poster) at 1:05 AM on May. 4, 2011

• My husband always wants to be involved and help any way he can. He stays calm and knows what to expect. He said the sweetest things in my ear while I was laboring intensely with our second. "You're almost done, love, you're almost there. The baby wants to come. The baby wants to meet mommy. The baby wants to be in your arms. The baby wants to join our family." It REALLY helped me deal with the intense contractions right before pushing, and then he held my had through that, even though we both kind of planned on him catching the baby. He knew I needed his hand and so he didn't let go lol. With our first I remember his proud smile as he watched our daughter come out. I love that he's not afraid of birth.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 1:07 AM on May. 4, 2011

• He was a lot more scared than I was! :D He has only been able to be present for the birth of three out of 6 kids, but that's the way it works out sometimes when you already have little kids and no supportive grandparents or relatives or friends nearby to babysit.
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 1:07 AM on May. 4, 2011

• My hubby was amazing! Did whatever I needed, sometimes even before I asked him!
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 1:11 AM on May. 4, 2011