What do I do.....Brother's new GF or Ex-GF???? :( ~~~~~HELP PLEASE~~~~~

Im going to have a baby shower and Im completly torn on what to do! My brother was with his ex for almost 7 years. They've been split up for 2 years. He hurt her deeply, he was her 1st EVERYTHING, she was madly in love with him and was very good to him.He committed the ultimate betrayal more than once!!! Her and I are extremely close, and I put as much thought into inviting her as I did my own Grandmother...NONE....cuz to me she's my family.
Then it occured to me, my brother has a new GF, and I do like her, she's a very good person. I don't want her to feel left out. She has been with my brother for a year. I think this would be a good way to welcome her into are family. But it's more important to me that the EX isn't uncomfortable, or hurt!
What the HELL do I do?

vano0528

Asked by vano0528 at 1:03 AM on May. 4, 2011 in Relationships

• Invite both, and inform both that there is a good bossibility the other is coming. They're both adults, they should be able to handle. :)
    amberpatterson

Answer by amberpatterson at 1:06 AM on May. 4, 2011

• GOOD question!
    I would just invite the new girlfriend since she is with him now. Out of resoect for her and my brother.
    txnmomof4

Answer by txnmomof4 at 1:10 AM on May. 4, 2011

• It is your shower. Invite who you are comfortable with.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 1:17 AM on May. 4, 2011

• IDK why..LOL... i was scared everyone was gonna say don't invite the ex! Gosh!!!! I would let the ex in the room when I deliver ,that's how close i am with her, i won't even let my mother!
    Keep'em coming! It's helping!
    vano0528

Comment by vano0528 (original poster) at 1:23 AM on May. 4, 2011

• Agree with first response. I would invite both and let the new GF know that you're not slighting her but you are really good friends with this other woman and you would like her to share in your special day and hope that she understands. I'm sure they can avoid each other if need be...or maybe be bigger people and meet and not have ill feelings.

I think maybe a little warning though may be helpful.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 9:01 AM on May. 4, 2011

• Invite both, but let them know.
    HomeAlone45

Answer by HomeAlone45 at 12:54 PM on May. 4, 2011

• I THINK I'll invite them both!! But if the EX is still hurting too much and expresses hurt feelings...i MIGHT be biast!! :/ Oh man...this is tuff! I love her so much i don't want her to be hurt. I feel like Im betraying her if i do be-friend the new gf! If they would of split up under different circumstances, and she wasn't deeply hurt by my brother and didn't still love him, this would be easier! I just know it would hurt her to lay eyes on the new gf!
    vano0528

Comment by vano0528 (original poster) at 10:27 AM on May. 5, 2011