True love, but must I keep it to myself? adult content

I dated a man when I was 17 and he was 16 years old. We were together for 2 years and for various reasons we separated and moved on. We both married an divorced. We came back into contact last year and started spending a lot of time talking and texting eachother. When we were dating before, we never slept together. Of course we fooled around a lot but never went all the way. Last year one night we spent the night with eachother and finally made love. And I mean love, we connected on such a deep level.
Since then we have remained in contact but drifted apart somewhat. He is dating a new girl, but it is very casual and he doesn't talk about her or spend much time with her. The problem is I realize I am in love with him. I also have been, bit the feelings have intensified. I am certain he feels the same way to some degree. I am soooo scared to tell him how I really feel about him. I am scared he will think I am crazy or a fool. However I have such deep feelings for him, it is so hard to keep it bottled up. I know he has a girlfriend, but I feel I need to tell him, but again am sooo scared to.
I need advice! Should I keep it to myself or tell him?

lilymama03

Asked by lilymama03 at 1:06 AM on May. 4, 2011 in Relationships

• Definitely tell him. What would be worse to you, looking back when you're 80 and saying "Damn, I wish I hadn't kept that in... what if we were perfect for each other?" or looking back and thinking "If I hadn't said anything we might still be friends"?

I would and have done it. Take a chance, don't live with regrets.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 1:24 AM on May. 4, 2011

• Take the risk, love is worth it!
    ShainaMay

Answer by ShainaMay at 1:35 AM on May. 4, 2011

• I would tell him, after all this time of coming back together really you may as well you have nothing to loose. I would just let him know you just need to get off your chest your feelings and that you dont expect anything of him as you know he is seeing someone, I would make it clear that there is no pressure attached and then leave it alone!! If its meant to be it will happen.
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 2:18 AM on May. 4, 2011

• i am in somewhat the same situation. tell him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but be spamtaneous. ask him how he feels about you. ask questions bc of the night you two spent together. you have the right to know.
    dement

Answer by dement at 1:20 AM on May. 4, 2011

• saying it is true love might be taking it a bit too serious too soon on your part. have you seen this man at his worst?? have you and him ever had fights/ disagreements and overcame them by woking it out ? you might be confusing true love with lust. this guy seems to just be doing what any warm blooded man would do...he accepted the nookie.. most men would not turn down sex. another thing is that u said.. a year ago you guys finally made love and then drifted apart- he then started dating another girl but he doesn't talk about her much. hmmm if it felt like true love to him especially after "making love" to u, why did he allow the friendship to drift apart? men will go after a woman they "want" they are hunters by nature; secondly, he never talks about this girl he is dating- why would he ? do you think he talks about u to the other girl ? i think you should wait it out, if you tell him you love him that might scare him
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 2:01 AM on May. 4, 2011

• At this point nothing lose, nothing gained. Tell him... it could be true love. Ya know the saying.. if you truly love someone set them free, they'll come back again if its ment to be... he came back and it could be ment to be.
    Don't always wondered with the what could have been or what should have been..
    SassySue123

Answer by SassySue123 at 5:09 AM on May. 4, 2011

• Too soon? She didn't just meet him, she had a relationship with him before.

I say tell him because you said it doesn't seem all that serious with this new gf. If it were serious, I'd say not to tell him yet because it would complicate things.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 9:03 AM on May. 4, 2011

• Just ask him. Know is better than not. good luck.
    HomeAlone45

Answer by HomeAlone45 at 12:50 PM on May. 4, 2011

• Run fast, the other way.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 3:12 PM on May. 4, 2011

• I know how you feel hun. although i know the guy that i love doesn't love me back.. he told me so. he says he cares about me but doesn't love me.. it hurts very much
    CEWarsop

Answer by CEWarsop at 10:33 PM on May. 4, 2011