Do you believe in this?

When I was growing up my parents believed that kids with real short hair would have really thick hair when they grow up. So of course, my youth pictures make me look like a boy. I look at those pictures now and I absolutely hate them. To this day, I will not wear my hair short. I want it at least shoulder length. Is anyone else brought up on this theory?

amessageofhope

Asked by amessageofhope at 1:09 AM on May. 4, 2011 in Just for Fun

• My hair was barely trimmed when i turned one. And was allowed to grow to my butt...

I have the thickest, most full head of hair ever grown.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 1:11 AM on May. 4, 2011

• I have never heard that before, nor do I believe that. My DD has really thick hair and only gets it trimmed. She has had short hair only once.
    firepony

Answer by firepony at 1:12 AM on May. 4, 2011

• It's total BS. Thick hair comes from more hair follicles, and you don't create more hair follicles by shortening the existing hair.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 1:20 AM on May. 4, 2011

• lol. wow. I'm the opposite. I was forced to keep me hair long and now I can't stand if it gets to my shoulders.
    MamaStuart

Answer by MamaStuart at 1:50 AM on May. 4, 2011

• I have never heard of this.
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 2:08 AM on May. 4, 2011

• i was a bald headed baby, and now my hair is really thick
    yummysmummy

Answer by yummysmummy at 2:29 AM on May. 4, 2011

• I had long hair until I was went to school and then it was cut short. I wore it that way until recently. I've got tons of hair. I don't think your theory holds true.
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 8:21 AM on May. 4, 2011

• That's a new one! and completely wrong... the length of the hair does not matter
    *long hair can appear thicker though-depending on the cut and curlyness/straightness of the hair
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 9:42 AM on May. 4, 2011