Does anyone else think..

.. that it's a little morbid and wrong to celebrate the death of another? Even doing the horrible things he (Bin Laden) did. I know that when the terrorists killed thousands they celebrated, and here we are doing the same as them. So how are we any different? We should just be glad that some justice was done for all the people who lost their lives on 9/11 and in this war and continue to pray for their families and our troops.

Proverbs 24:17-18
17 Do not rejoice when your enemy falls,
and let not your heart be glad when he stumbles,
18 lest the Lord see it and be displeased,
and turn away his anger from him

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:37 AM on May. 4, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• I'm not Christian, but I believe the same thing. It just seems wrong. Death doesnt pay for death. The whole thing just makes me sad. And my pagan beliefs lead the same way as well.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 1:41 AM on May. 4, 2011

• It's a bittersweet ending. For 9yrs, 7 months and 20 days we've been searching for this monster. He chose death over capture. Do I believe there should be partying in the streets for his death, no. But I'm anxious & concerned for what the next chapter is going to bring. I am proud of our Military though!
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 1:51 AM on May. 4, 2011

• I think its a big day for the states and good job for military, gov and intelligence, but I dont rejoice either of anothers demise.
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 1:55 AM on May. 4, 2011

• No. I don't see any problems, issues or anything of the like. Really, if you'd like to go set off fireworks, feel free. It's a free country to to as you wish. No one is going to fault you for that.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 1:58 AM on May. 4, 2011

• There are those of us who have expressed the fact that we're having a hard time with the idea, yes.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 8:13 AM on May. 4, 2011

• I'm not Christian, and I don't see any good reason for us to have done anything else. I feel for his family who lost a loved one. But what were we going to do? Arrest him, keep him in max security prison, give him a fair trial and THEN place him on death row, so we can kill him in 15 or 20 years from now? Just shoot him - He earned it! Hopefully he will be reborn in to someone with a spec of morals.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:06 AM on May. 4, 2011

• I'm not saying that I'm not glad they got him. Just saying its a little morbid and wrong to be celebrating in the streets.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:16 AM on May. 4, 2011

• I'm not christian and think celebration is a bit much.
    I have seen scripture both for celebrating it and against...I guess it depends who you talk to
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 9:59 AM on May. 4, 2011

• I can see politically why this was a necessary move, and I think Bin Laden reaped what he sowed. I also hope it brings some sense of closure to grieving families. That being said, I feel more sober and introspective about it than joyful and celebratory. I'm just not able to 'celebrate' someone's death- not even his.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 10:03 AM on May. 4, 2011

• This is like the 20th question/thread on the topic.
    Bottom line? If you feel comfortable celebrating, do it, if you don't, then don't do it. What's becoming a bit disgusting is that each "side" is attacking and judging the other. Personally I'm very happy that evil was destroyed. Am I gonna go on a public Mardi Gras over it? Nope.
    But to sink to levels of those celebrating saying that those who aren't are unpatriotic and those not celebrating saying those who do celebrate they're "no better than those terrorists" and that it's "just exactly" like when terrorists celebrated 9/11 is sad and pathetic.

Sharon
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 11:10 AM on May. 4, 2011