Medicaid Question

I am on Medicaid. I feel like the Docs I see look down on me because of this. Trust me I would rather have good insurance, it is just not doable at this time. I have an inlaw who has offered to pay for me to see a Dr . I like this Doc , but he does not except medicaid. That is why the inlaw is offering to help me. I know this is kind of a stupid question, but can I see a non medicaid Doc? Or does if have to be medicaid.?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:52 AM on May. 4, 2011 in Health

• No, it doesn't have to be medicaid. After my daughter was born we were able to get insurance, but we were automatically enrolled in Medicaid until she was a year old. We went to using the private insurance for her visits, but there was nothing we could do about having Medicaid, and it was a hassle to get our doctors to bill the private insurance and not Medicaid, but we did it. Do what makes you happy :)
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 1:58 AM on May. 4, 2011

• See whatever Dr you think is right, if you have help and want to accept it then go ahead. Just because you have Medicaid doesn't mean you have to always use it.
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 2:02 AM on May. 4, 2011

• Medicaid pays less and pays slowly. A GOOD doctor will not treat you differently. They chose to accept it, they should be just as nice to you. I have a couple of friends that are docs and they do not accept it. We have had Medicaid for 3 yrs now and I have never had an issue.
    lajoy

Answer by lajoy at 2:25 AM on May. 4, 2011

• Many years ago, I also felt like that. Your always last on the list to be seen in the drs office. When my oldest was born she had problems gaining weight. I was on medicaid. Looking back I realized that dr probably used that to make money, he had us come in every week to check her weight. Many, many hours of sitting in his waiting room cuz even though we had an appt, we seemed to always be last on the list.
    But I think, this comes from the people who abuse medicaid. Example, taking a child to the er for an ear infection or something that should be cared for in the drs office. The parents not paying for it why not go to the er.
    Id never do that its 75% more money to go to the er.
    SassySue123

Answer by SassySue123 at 4:45 AM on May. 4, 2011