I am 37 weeks 2cm dialted and 80% effaced labor far off?

The babys head is 0 stastion and I belive that I lost my plug. The doctors think I will go into labor within the week.

manorgirl1

Asked by manorgirl1 at 5:08 PM on Dec. 4, 2008 in Pregnancy

• They are probably right. Every baby is different though. I walked around 80% effaced and at 2-3 for two weeks with one of my kids and he was 5 days late LOL. So you just never know. And with my first i was 2 cm and lost my plug 3 weeks before.

Answer by gemgem at 5:09 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• yup get everything ready just in case
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 5:09 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• How exciting! It sounds as though it can happen anytime. Best wishes!

Answer by Bmat at 5:10 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• with my first i went to the dr and was 75% effaced and 1 cm dilated and had my son in the next 24 hours
    with my 2nd I was 50 % effaced and 2 cm dilated for over 3 weeks before he decided to come,I was also in labor for 3 DAYS!So good luck ya never know!Hopeits soon:)
    tomsbrandi

Answer by tomsbrandi at 5:13 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• I'm not a doctor so i'd probably listen to them but my sister-n-law was in the same situation. She was 37 almost 38 weeks along. She was dialated to a 3 and had lost her plug but it took her another 2 weeks. The doctors told her that it could be anytime. Not trying to stress you out, i just know how much longer the last few weeks are when you get your hopes up. I hope it goes by fast for you but keep yourself busy in the mean time (get the room ready, diapers, start a journal to the baby, . . . ). : )
    kinzleysmommy

Answer by kinzleysmommy at 5:17 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• It varies depending on the woman. I walked around 4cm dialated, 50% effaced for 3 weeks
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 5:33 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• they are probably right ,if you see any changes call the doctor good luck and god bless, let us know when you have the baby!!!
    seexxymama4u2me

Answer by seexxymama4u2me at 5:45 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• up to 5 weeks away maybe more if you have a stubborn baby.
    vsrillo

Answer by vsrillo at 6:27 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• i was 4cm with my son and i had him 2 days later so i think its safe to assume youll go into labor VERY soon so make preperations now while you have a chance u dont wanna be strained and having a baby. so staying close to home is a good idea or at least in the general area.
    amfnstf

Answer by amfnstf at 7:18 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• i was just gonna say that I went into labor early with my son, dilated to a four and 80% effaced at 28 weeks and the labor stopped for some reason. i ended up going three weeks late with him. 43 weeks. so who knows...

KristaRene

Answer by KristaRene at 7:29 PM on Dec. 4, 2008