Bladder spasms & lots of weight on my pelvis...? adult content

So, I'm 36 weeks and 3 days pregnant now. Within the past half hour or so I've been having, like, these really bad bladder spasms and when I stand up I feel a lot of weight on my pelvis area. It's so bad that it hurts to walk. y baby has been dropped for a couple weeks now. I went to the doctor Monday and he told me that my baby's head is pressing down really far and my cervix is very soft and thinned out but I'm still closed up. Are these spasms and this weight on my pelvis/private areas normal? What should I do?

tiffanynichols

Asked by tiffanynichols at 2:13 AM on May. 4, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I don't know about bladder spasms, but I had horrible pain and pressure with DD2 in the last month of my pregnancy, even though I sat down most of the time with my feet up. She still went til five days before her due date before they induced. I don't know if it's "normal" but apparently it's common. I would embrace it as pre-labor and try to do approved exercises.
    AmourSpork

Answer by AmourSpork at 6:05 PM on May. 4, 2011

• Thanks so much for the answer. I had just never experienced so much pressure as I was last night and it honestly scared me. It lightened up a good bit though. Thank you.
    tiffanynichols

Comment by tiffanynichols (original poster) at 7:00 PM on May. 4, 2011