Are any of you ladies in the "I didn't know I was pregnant..." category?

I love watching that TLC show, but I cannot imagine not having known, since both of my DDs were very active and since both of my term pregnancies took such a toll on my body. I understand the medical reasons they didn't know, but some of the women on the show seem more like they were in a forty week state of denial. I think my favorites are the ones who thought they'd miscarried but ended up birthing after a healthy term pregnancy because they really hadn't miscarried (or, less happy, they had lost one of a set but had a survivor they didn't know about).

AmourSpork

Asked by AmourSpork at 2:49 AM on May. 4, 2011 in General Parenting

• i did not know right away with my last one, does that count? with the first four i knew right away, but with my last i did not figure it out until i was about 3 months.
    annanonnymommy

Answer by annanonnymommy at 10:23 AM on May. 4, 2011

• I had periods with my 4th son from April-July and when I missed Aug. I made an appt. w/my dr. and found out I was pregnant. I figured that I was due around April 1992 and after the initial exam my dr. told me they needed to do an u/s to determine how far along the baby was since I seemed to be a little bit more pregnant than my missed period indicated. I was quite shocked when, on 9/24/91, I was given an approx. due date of Jan. 8th, 1992. I weighed 102#'s at that time and didn't even have a poochy tummy, My son ended up being born on 12/12/91 via emergency C-Section due to the cord being wrapped 2x's around his neck so I was only aware of my pregnancy for 2 1/2 mos. before he was born. With my 1st 3 I was visibly pregnant pretty quickly and with #3 I looked due any day at 5 mos. and with #4 I looked about 4-5 mos. pregnant the day before he was born and weighed all of 110# the day before he was born.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:27 AM on May. 4, 2011

• Definitely hard to imagine not knowing
    Genice6

Answer by Genice6 at 9:00 AM on May. 4, 2011

• I can't imagine not knowing. I knew probably the moment I conceived with both of my kids. I could FEEL it throughout my whole body. I told my husband before taking the pregnancy tests that I already knew I was pregnant because my blood was tingling like electricity was running through it. I didn't even ever have morning sickness, I just could feel it. I also felt them moving early too and I can understand not knowing what the feeling was and just thinking it was digestion moving my intestines or something, but by 20 weeks there is no mistaking 'kicking'.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 9:22 AM on May. 4, 2011

• I was nearly 3 months along before we figured out I was pregnant, but then I was 39 and had been having problems with ovarian cysts so my cycles had been irregular AND we hadn't been trying. Nonetheless, we were ecstatic and ended up having a healthy girl.
    jmpj8107

Answer by jmpj8107 at 3:53 PM on May. 4, 2011