Are you insured? If not, how do you handle health concerns (or do you handle them)?

AmourSpork

Asked by AmourSpork at 2:51 AM on May. 4, 2011 in Health

• I'm not insured at the moment....I try to exercise, eat healthy foods, brush and floss regularly and keep my klutziness in check! I figure if something really bad happens, i'll go to the ER and then apply for Charity Care or make payments if I have to, but unless I have a serious illness or accident requiring stitches/surgery, a Doctor is sort of out of the question.
    ShainaMay

Answer by ShainaMay at 2:54 AM on May. 4, 2011

• yep my dh pays 600 a month to cover us. Way to much if you ask me.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 3:36 AM on May. 4, 2011

• I am insured ONLY because I am was deemed disabled by the social security administration. Otherwise I don't know WHAT would happen, since my home oxygen rental alone is more than my husband brings home $$$$! My husband was on insurance thru his job up til last October when they learned he's in liver failure and may require a transplant in the not too distant future. Then they dropped him like a hot potato. Luckily the county took pity and enrolled him in medical assistance.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 4:00 AM on May. 4, 2011

• I live in Canada.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 6:57 AM on May. 4, 2011