If a man used a coupon to pay for your meals on your 1st date..

would that be a turn off ? why ?

gwen20

Asked by gwen20 at 3:35 AM on May. 4, 2011 in Relationships

• a man who knows how to save money is a GOOD thing. He most likely has a lot saved up....
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 6:51 AM on May. 4, 2011

• I am sorry. I'd feel insulted. I'd think he took me there just because of the coupon...... no meaning, nothing special, etc. I'd be pretty mortified.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 3:42 AM on May. 4, 2011

• Not at all. Its hard times and you gotta save where you can. Just be glad he didn't ask you to pay for half.
    firepony

Answer by firepony at 3:40 AM on May. 4, 2011

• Usually a man feels the need to impress on the first date so a coupon would throw me off.. but it would really depend on where we went and what the coupon covered.
    Ashes0813

Answer by Ashes0813 at 3:41 AM on May. 4, 2011

• I wouldn't mind it. Depending on where you guys went, if it was a fast food place then yeah it would not be a good sign. But if it was somewhere pricey then no big deal!
    Mishie81

Answer by Mishie81 at 4:36 AM on May. 4, 2011

• I don't know. If it was McDonalds and it was like a buy 1 get 1 free and he made me order what the coupon covered, I might be insulted. But if it's to a nice restaurant, I'd probably see it as he wants to be thrifty but also do something nice for our first date.

I think it really depends on where and what the coupon is for.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 8:36 AM on May. 4, 2011

• I would think cheap ass and there wouldn't be a 2nd date. Sorry but don't ask someone out to a restaurant if you can't afford it. There are other things that you can do on date.
    Mom1127-0125

Answer by Mom1127-0125 at 8:36 AM on May. 4, 2011

• One hand it is a good thing he is thrifty. But how thrifty/cheap ass is he. I would have to find out if I liked him.

Answer by louise2 at 8:44 AM on May. 4, 2011

• I'd be fine with it.
    laird6372

Answer by laird6372 at 3:45 AM on May. 4, 2011

• Well I just asked my DH this question and he said he doesn't think he would use a coupon for a 1st date. Maybe a second lol.
    firepony

Answer by firepony at 3:45 AM on May. 4, 2011