Caffeine

So I've heard two different things about caffeine while pregnant. I've heard that you can have like a Dr.Pepper for example once or twice a week. Then I've heard that you can't have ANY caffeine at all. Which is it? Some is okay or stay away all together? And if you have to stay away all together then does that mean no chocolate??
Thanks for your help in advance!

Mishie81

Asked by Mishie81 at 4:49 AM on May. 4, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I ended up asking my doctor because i heard the same thing and it confused me he said it was okay to have a little bit of caffeine everyonce in awhile that a little is actually good for the baby just watch how much you do drink.
    ashley670

Answer by ashley670 at 5:24 AM on May. 4, 2011

• Moderation is key. I used to have one cup of coffee a day and then no caffeine for the rest of the day and I was fine. I never thought of how much chocolate I ate and my baby was perfectly fine:)
    lulu2011

Answer by lulu2011 at 5:33 AM on May. 4, 2011

• I didn't give up caffeine and both my babies came out just fine. Working 12 hours a a day called for coffee
    xmama_bellax

Answer by xmama_bellax at 6:11 AM on May. 4, 2011

• you can have up to 200mg of caffeine a day max. try to drink soda without caffeine like root beer or sprite or orange. thats what i do because the carbonation on soda helps me take my prenatals much easier.
    wifey000175554

Answer by wifey000175554 at 11:04 AM on May. 4, 2011

• I have cut down on caffeine but I dont give it up and even if I am in the hospital (which I always am with mine) they give me caffeine. My dr just said that I should cut out soda because of kidney problems.
    alligurl186

Answer by alligurl186 at 1:43 PM on May. 4, 2011