Contraction pain after delivery?

after pains after delivery (contractions) are they supposed to be pretty painful? cuz mine really hurt right now and i cant sleep. even had a lowertab. just had my daughter 7 hrs ago!!! :)

xunlucxyx0

Asked by xunlucxyx0 at 4:54 AM on May. 4, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Congrats!!!! Oh god I would get cramps as bad as the labor concractions when I nursed after having my 2nd dd. I asked for pain meds because it hurt so bad like a second wind of labor. Ask for some stronger pain meds if you can't sleep, you deff need to sleep!
    letlovegrow2524

Answer by letlovegrow2524 at 5:04 AM on May. 4, 2011

• thank you! i just called the nurse and theyre gonna get me something. i was scared maybe this meant i was hemmoraging or something scary like that! and yes it definetly feels like labor pains!! just not that close together thank god!!
    xunlucxyx0

Comment by xunlucxyx0 (original poster) at 5:14 AM on May. 4, 2011

• It is just your body trying to get rid of things and get back to normal. It can be very painful.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 5:51 AM on May. 4, 2011

• No pane after birth is like the actual delivery labor pain.

Glo402813

Answer by Glo402813 at 6:00 AM on May. 4, 2011

• those pains can last for quite a while, especially if you breast feed. they will ease up some over time but i had them for 4 weeks with one of mine.
    annanonnymommy

Answer by annanonnymommy at 10:16 AM on May. 4, 2011