Bush Declines Invitation to 'Ground Zero' Site

President Barack Obama is going to visit Ground Zero on Thursday. Obama extended an invitation to George W. Bush to attend the event, but the former president declined.

I think it would have been nice for both Obama and Bush to be at ground zero. Americans are united. What are your feelings?

Rnurse

Asked by Rnurse at 5:22 AM on May. 4, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• I think bush has dealt with ground zero enough, He's probably over it. Not meaning that in a bad way, yanno.
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 6:16 AM on May. 4, 2011

• If Obama was there, I would decline too.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:37 AM on May. 4, 2011

• President Barack Obama is going to visit campaign at Ground Zero on Thursday

fixed that for you

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:42 AM on May. 4, 2011

• Yep anonymous is absolutely right...wait n see.

tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 6:54 AM on May. 4, 2011

• He should go !!

"Bush policies for dummies " love it tnmomotve!
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 7:07 AM on May. 4, 2011

• I think Bush did the correct thing by declining the invitation. He plans to go in September to pay his respects on the 10th anniversary. This invitation is nothing more than a political ploy by Obama. Bush has done everything possible to avoid involving himself in Obama's presidency. Why would he involve himself now?
    May-20

Answer by May-20 at 7:46 AM on May. 4, 2011

• I would have declined as well. He has visited enough, he does more behind the scenes now as well for our troops and charity then our own President. The only difference is he is not out asking for pictures to be taken of him doing it. Honestly I believe this is more of a photo op and campaign situation for Obama, and why should Bush go to that>? If he does go let him go when he chooses to.

Answer by gemgem at 8:13 AM on May. 4, 2011

• President Bush has kept a low profile since leaving office. Honestly, It's a photo op for President Obama and I don't blame the former president for declining.
    sopranomommy

Answer by sopranomommy at 8:18 AM on May. 4, 2011

• I don't think Bush being there would help or hurt the situation. He's been good about keeping his opinions to himself about how this administration is operating. He continues to be the source of blame for things that don't go right. Obama has enough cheerleaders, he doesn't need one more in GWB.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 8:20 AM on May. 4, 2011

• Why would he go? Osama remained free and living in a mansion for the last 6 years because he wasnt a priority for Bush...(from Bush oen MOUTH he wasn't a priority)

Its possible that Bush just doesn't want to be involved..since he left office he has kept a pretty low profile.

Doesn't really matter to me. The people that matter ARE THE PEOPLE...I have seen so many cars decorated with FF (for fire fighter) In remembrance...and REMEMBER 9/11 in the last few days...THEY are the people that matter...The people that were there, lost loved ones....all Americans really....

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 8:40 AM on May. 4, 2011