I have complete placenta previa and I am 36 weeks pregnant and luckily haven't had a single bleed so far. I am just curious if anyone was in the same situation. All of the forums I read, almost everyone has at least a single bleed throughout their pregnancy. Why is it some bleed and others don't. Also, should I ask to be admitted to the hospital for close monitoring because I'm scheduled for a Csection at 39 weeks which I am very terrified about.

lulu2011

Asked by lulu2011 at 5:30 AM on May. 4, 2011 in Pregnancy

• They well admit you if they need to. Then as far as bleeding some people do and some people don't. I have bled through me whole pregnancy and nothing is wrong. As with anything during pregnancy there is no normal.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 5:49 AM on May. 4, 2011

• I never had placenta previa, but I have had two successful c-sections: one scheduled and one not. I prefer the scheduled variety, but both turned out okay. Your doctor will ask you to come in for monitoring if s/he thinks you need it.
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 6:09 AM on May. 4, 2011

• They won't admit you ahead of time unless something goes wrong, they won't monitor you just because you're scared. I never had pp but a mom in our school is flat on her back on bedrest because her pp turned into accreta and they're worried it's turning into the worse version of it (can't remember the name) - but she's only about 26 weeks - you have nothing to worry about if you're doing fine.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:14 AM on May. 4, 2011