Achy bones

Im on my 29th week and lately for the past month my pelvic bones and thighs have been sooo achy. Even yesterday my left knee was hurting pretty bad. Now I know this is normal as my pelvic is expanding for the baby but is it normal for it to primarily be on the left hand side? Only when i try to shift to the left when I am sleeping is when it hurts.. any suggestions?

newmom07142011

Asked by newmom07142011 at 6:32 AM on May. 4, 2011 in Pregnancy

• The cartilage all over your body is softening due to hormones. It's possible that you may have been favoring one side of your body for the past few weeks without your noticing except at certain times. Hang in there, mama. We've been there.
    jmpj8107

Answer by jmpj8107 at 4:26 PM on May. 4, 2011

• I can relate!! I too have been achy. Not in my pelvic bone yet. But laying on my side at night has made both my left and right sides ache. My arms are also achy, and my legs and knees too! I'm 23 weeks along so maybe my pelvic aching is just ahead.(oh fun,not) I take a hot shower before bed and have the boyfriend give me plenty of massage time before bed. It's the only thing that lets me fall asleep. Good luck to ya and I hope it goes away for ya soon!!!!
    oliviahw

Answer by oliviahw at 4:23 PM on May. 5, 2011

• Right now...my hips, my back, my legs, my feet...everything hurts...try putting a pillow between your legs. It helps for the most part, but some days I still wake up with all kinds of aches...it just comes with being pregnant.
    monstersmommy20

Answer by monstersmommy20 at 3:16 AM on May. 6, 2011