Advice on rinsing DD's hair.

She hates water in her eyes & ears and I have tried one of those small pitchers with the lip on it to keep the water from running down her head, but she wiggles around so much it goes in her eyes & ears anyways. I have also tried just using my hand to shield her, but she still wiggles. Any ideas?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:19 PM on Dec. 4, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I always use a dry wash rag or towel and fold it up and put it on her fore head
    robinalbright

Answer by robinalbright at 5:21 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• My sons the same way. I laid him down towards the water and made sure it was rather low and rinsed it that way. If she wont do that then have her hold a dry wash clothes over her face or see if she will hold it til your done and tell her she can dry her face right away.

Answer by gemgem at 5:22 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• We the exact same problem with our daughter. Well she doesnt have a problem with the water in her eyes because we go to the baby swimming all the time. But i dont like the baby shampoo and stuff in her eyes. So when i wash her hair i just lay her on her back in the bathtub (before we put lots of water in there to play for a while) and then rinse her hair. Thats works pretty good so far.
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 5:23 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• Sadly, with my dd at that age, I actually had to dump water on her head with nothing to stop it from getting in her eyes before she figured out to sit still. Now, she looks at the ceiling, covers her eyes and plugs her nose. Haveing them look at the ceiling is really helpful because gravity takes effect, but sometimes they just have to learn the hard way.
    peppermintmocha

Answer by peppermintmocha at 5:39 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• you can put some stickers or pics on the ceiling to have her look at while you tell a story about them. this usually works for me combind with a rolled up dry washcloth as the "sheild" for his face.
    Anonymous

• If you can afford it (I think they run between $10-$20), they have sprayers that attach to the tub spout... that might help a little bit.
    Silvertears1275

Answer by Silvertears1275 at 7:08 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• Have her wear a foam visor when you rinse....you can find them all year long at most craft stores, and Dollar tree carries them most of the time. It works great, and most kids don't mind wearing them.
    Kimebs

Answer by Kimebs at 7:52 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• When i was small, my mo mused a dry washcloth or hand towel and told me to hold it over my eyes and that worked great, i never got water in my eyes.
    Mommy_of_two_85

Answer by Mommy_of_two_85 at 8:50 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• could always just tell her that the wiggling is making the water go there and if she doesnt like it to stop wiggling.
    imanixon2

Answer by imanixon2 at 9:39 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• the foam visor is a great idea!! thanx:)
    bamsmama23

Answer by bamsmama23 at 10:33 PM on Dec. 4, 2008