Bad Idea?

Is it a bad idea to get pregnant when you have a 3 month old baby?? I want my kids really close together!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:29 PM on Dec. 4, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• it depends on you mine are 3yrs apart
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 5:30 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• Most doctors recommend waiting a year between pregnancies to allow your body to heal. However, I know a lot of people that didn't do that, and their children and they are fine.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 5:32 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• its not bad at all.. if you can afford it, then go for it.

But you might want to ask your OB about it. If you had a c-section you should wait at least 1 year, to let your body and especially the scar heal. Your OB can explain you exactly why and what happens when your scar isnt healed good enough and you get pregnant again.

When you gave birth the normal way, then its actually fine and you are good to go.

I, for myself, would still wait 1-2 years. But thats because ive had a miscarriage before. so im paranoid and want to make sure my uterus would be ready for another 10months of pregnancy :)

m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 5:32 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• Its a hand ful....I got preg. when my son was about 4months old (unplanned) they are a year & 10days apart.......it can get very stressful & definately they are a handful but it totally depends on you ...I would say talk to your dr to make sure your body is ready/ can handle another baby so soon.
    Dabugg698

Answer by Dabugg698 at 5:34 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• If you want, go ahead. My boys are 13 months apart and I love it. The beginning was the hardest, just having to tell my oldest to wait a second and things like that. I felt really guilty sometimes. But he has learned patience at a young age so it all worked out. lol Now they are 2 years old and 11 months and they are so much fun. I can't imagine just having one, it would seem so boring. No offense to anyone who has just one.
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 5:43 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• Oh why...? lol mine are only 13 months apart...I had a four month old and got pregers again...I think that was a bit too soon..my doc was not thrilled with me at that first visit. I think your body needs a rest. I was nursing one and baking another...my poor body. I am all for close sibs but I think a year and a half or two is better for everyone...They make me want to pull my hair out.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 7:42 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• if you want your kids really close together then no. what would the problem be? your body will know if its ready for another one.
    icn_mom

Answer by icn_mom at 8:11 PM on Dec. 4, 2008