Little girl found caged and non-existant!

Yup! That's right! My hometown which was hit by tornadoes only two weeks prior got more attention because two parents-if you can call them that, were being investigated on suspected robbery charges. Police went to their home and found a young girl-age is debatable-in a modified crib upside down so that she couldn't get out. She was found in her own waste, naked, basically starved to death and sores on her butt from where her heels were pressing because she had no room. According to the parents she had been in the cage since this past summer. They also found the remains of another child burried under their shed. No one knows the detail on that yet but they did have a 1 month old that was perfectly healthy. This poor little girl didn't even have a birth cirtificate because the mom had her at home and no one apparently knew she existed.

So here is my question. According to the dad's myspace page, he proposed to this woman back in 2008 and she had tons of family and friends. My question is, how did no one know? How could neighbors not know? Is it possible that absolutely no one knew

jujubean1979200

Asked by jujubean1979200 at 7:39 AM on May. 4, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• WOW! Those poor poor babies. I guess it is possible because this kind of thing(unfortunatly) happens all the time. My prayers are with those children and I hope the parents get the justice they deserve.
    Liamsmom09

Answer by Liamsmom09 at 7:43 AM on May. 4, 2011

• hmmm...wow, maybe these people are the kind of people that keep to themselves but if they do anything with someone, they rather go out and meet up with them but they never go in their house. as for the neighbor's well, you can only go in their house if they invite you, i guess.Some neighbors you just leave alone and they are in their own little world.

Maybe they cut themselves off of the outside world and not allowed anyone in their business.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 7:57 AM on May. 4, 2011

• If the family new anything I also believe they are guilty.

Sorry, it may sound rude but if you are very large and a slob you can hide a pregnancy.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 7:59 AM on May. 4, 2011

• Sure it is possible no one knew. Even if he proposed to her in 2008 if the child was born since then and they didnt keep in contact with many people they may not have even known she had a child. On the other hand, people could have known and just not known what was going on behind closed doors either. People can make excuses all the time about why they dont bring their kids to family or friend events.

Answer by gemgem at 8:02 AM on May. 4, 2011

• WOW!!!!!!!! WHAT A SICK B**** UGH, THIS PISSES ME OFF SO MUCH........

I HOPE THEY DO THE SAME THING TO BOTH OF THEM
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 8:36 AM on May. 4, 2011

• I suppose its possible if they were estranged from family. Someone who was a shut in might be able to get away with it for awhile. Poor kids. :(

Is the girl ok? I know you said they found one dead, but the other two are alive right?
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 7:45 AM on May. 4, 2011

• The woman was a damn good liar that's all. It's horrible that there are people in the world like that...
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:49 AM on May. 4, 2011

• That is horrible! I can see how neighbors or friends didn't know. If I saw my neighbor everyday and she was pregnant and all of sudden she wasn't pregnant and never mentioned a baby I would think she had a stillbirth and probably wouldn't ask her about it. I can't see how at least one family member didn't know. Someone probably knew but was just as bad as these people and didn't think it was wrong or didn't care.

lilysmom2607

Answer by lilysmom2607 at 8:11 AM on May. 4, 2011

• throwing up

makes me sick what some "people" do these days. they should be given the exact same treatment and then sent to hell where they belong.

tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 8:15 AM on May. 4, 2011

• WOW, that is horrible! I can't believe that a child could be so cruely mistreated , although it sdoes happen all the time... :( I am just glad that they found them! Gos was watching and sent help! HORRIBLE.....
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 8:26 AM on May. 4, 2011