Should he be tried as an adult?

PITTSBURGH – Police have arrested a 17-year-old boy accused of robbing an usher who worked at the baseball stadium where the Pittsburgh Pirates play after he stopped his car while having a heart attack on his way home from an extra-inning game.

Police aren't identifying the suspect because of his age. They said Tuesday he approached the car and pulled out 58-year-old driver Michael Schacht, who had been slumped over and in distress. They say he stole the man's wallet and drove off in his car, leaving him on the ground.

Police were puzzled by the man's death because he had only a superficial head injury when he was found April 10 a mile from PNC Park.

The suspect doesn't qualify to be charged as an adult. He's being taken to a juvenile detention facility.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_pnc_park_usher_dead

kenzie07

Asked by kenzie07 at 8:04 AM on May. 4, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• – collapse
    He robbed dead guy, he doesn't need his wallet lol

But seriously, no. I don't blame the kid, the economy sucks I probably woulda robbed him too
    xmama_bellax

Answer by xmama_bellax at 8:07 AM on May. 4, 2011 (hidden) + expand

• No. I dont think anyone under 18 should EVER be tried as an adult.

Answer by gemgem at 8:09 AM on May. 4, 2011

• No
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 8:13 AM on May. 4, 2011

• 17 he is a adult! Not a child
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 8:15 AM on May. 4, 2011

• Try him as an adult. Lock his sick ass up and throw the key away!! You are beyond help if your stealing from a dead man in a car on the road. Thats just sick!
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 8:18 AM on May. 4, 2011

• "He robbed dead guy"

No xmama, the man was still alive, 'slumped over and in distress'. He might have lived if the 17-year-old called 911 or drove him to the hospital. It could've been the stress of being thrown out of his car that caused the heart attack to be fatal. I just wonder how I'd feel if this man was my father or grandfather....
    kenzie07

Comment by kenzie07 (original poster) at 8:20 AM on May. 4, 2011

• Sorry but psychologically speaking we are not adults mentally until we are around 25 yrs old. I realize some of you have not studied it and go based off what you believe should be true, but they just came out with a new study showing in our teen years we actually have something that makes us even less mature. It kinda explains how some kids seems to get stupid as teenagers. You can vote me down all you want to, but it does not change the scientific proof out there that people under 18 are juveniles, not adults, and that includes both physically AND mentally.

Answer by gemgem at 8:22 AM on May. 4, 2011

• The man wasn't dead he was slumped over in grave distress. He might have saved the man's life if he would have called 911 instead of throwing him out of the car onto the road, robbing him, and then stealing his car. Yes, he should be tried as an adult.

meooma

Answer by meooma at 8:24 AM on May. 4, 2011

• The guy wasn't dead when the 17 year old robbed him. He was having a heart attack he only died after the kid pulled him out of the car and left him to die.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11124/1143849-53.stm
    Mom1127-0125

Answer by Mom1127-0125 at 8:24 AM on May. 4, 2011

• yes! NO EXCUSE
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 8:37 AM on May. 4, 2011