Do you like shopping at sam's club?

i went there with my dad yesterday (we live a few blocks from eachother so he thought it would be nice for us to go together and split some of the bulk items) and it's a brand new, beautiful store! i had all these coupons with me which turned out to be worthless. for example, what good does a 25 cent off coupon do for an $18.00 pack of trash bags when their brand is cheaper and you get more.. lol. but aside from that, we still got a lot of good bargains. we're a family of 5 and go through stuff faster than the blink of an eye, so i think from now on i want to shop there. but i know you still have to be careful, and with certain things look from the item price per pound to see if you're actually getting a better deal in the long run. it might be more work than i'm willing to do lol. do you like to shop there if you have a big family?

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 8:09 AM on May. 4, 2011 in Shopping

• I just got a membership but haven't gone there yet. I'm excited to see what it's like!!
    how_reb

Answer by how_reb at 8:20 AM on May. 4, 2011

• We used to shop at Costco but in December switched to Sam's because membership was cheaper and their product was cheaper too. We have a family of 4 and we buy a lot there. You will get better deals on meat at grocery stores though. Movies and books are a lot cheaper (not new leases on movies though). In the end things are just cheaper. It's usually always cheaper to buy in bulk.
    Mom1127-0125

Answer by Mom1127-0125 at 8:14 AM on May. 4, 2011

• We don't shop there because it is an hour and 1/2 away..not worth the 3 hour round trip. When we lived closer to one I would shop there occasionally.

meooma

Answer by meooma at 8:14 AM on May. 4, 2011

• I used to shop there but haven't in years. It just isn't convenient.
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 8:17 AM on May. 4, 2011

• We had memberships at Sams club and BJ's . Bj"s seems to have a better variety of products and you can use manufacturer coupo ns on top of BJ's coupons.
    Lisall45

Answer by Lisall45 at 8:57 AM on May. 4, 2011

• My family shops there a lot. It is the only place we buy our dogfood, it is so much cheaper. My dh likes the meat dept. and buys steaks often. It was a good place to buy candy and such for our dd birthday party last month. I think my dh could live there, he likes it so much! Oh, dd & ds love the food samples!!
    AngieBry

Answer by AngieBry at 9:10 AM on May. 4, 2011

• Well even if you found the name brand was cheaper you CAN NOT use coupons at Sam Club......

As for do I like it: Yes it saves me money on dog food, cleaners, and toiletries.
    SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 9:22 AM on May. 4, 2011

• I love to shop at Sam's and Costco, but I always buy stuff I didn't go in for! Those darn food samples get me everytime!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 9:43 AM on May. 4, 2011

• I like Sam's club better than Costco and BJ's, it's more reasonable
    ttk2

Answer by ttk2 at 10:04 AM on May. 4, 2011

• i do but only for certain things. some stuff is more expensive there than at a regular grocery store - here, anyway. i try to get there about once a month, but sometimes only get there every couple of months. my kids like to go along on the weekends for samples.
    annanonnymommy

Answer by annanonnymommy at 10:10 AM on May. 4, 2011