Have you ever did all the work and some one else get all the credit?

My last family reunion. The girl that takes the pictures couldn't come so I took them. I'm going to put a scrap book together to show at next year reunion. I got a news letter yesterday saying what a wonderful job this other person did on the photos. Has this happen to you? I guess I venting more then asking a question.

HomeAlone45

Asked by HomeAlone45 at 8:51 AM on May. 4, 2011 in Relationships

• Yep, all the time. everyone assumed that ex dh did all this wonderful stuff for the family, sent gifts on birthday, holidays, anniversary cards and what not.. this year after we divorced they learned who was sending everything when it all came from my address. They started sending the thank you cards to the correct person finally and actually said they were sorry for giving him all the credit. I love his family, ex or not my kids share the same blood with them too
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 8:54 AM on May. 4, 2011

• My STBXH did that to me all the time. He rarely corrected a person that assumed he had done something that I had actually done.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 9:07 AM on May. 4, 2011

• Yes and I have people who will copy things I do and come up with and try to act like they were the ones who discovered it, it is annoying but that is something that will never change , people will copy and take credit for others work , these kind of people are called glory hogs.
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 9:46 AM on May. 4, 2011

• I still get along with my ex family. Good for you to think of the kids too.
    HomeAlone45

Comment by HomeAlone45 (original poster) at 9:00 AM on May. 4, 2011

• DH ropes me into lots of his projects for his various organizations. I get to do the grunt work, he get's the glory. Oh well. It's very possible that the writer of the newsletter had no idea that the girl didn't show to do the pictures. Just let them know and hopefully they'll correct it in the next issue.
    jmpj8107

Answer by jmpj8107 at 10:21 AM on May. 4, 2011