Not my kids but....

sometimes it sure feels like it. I am in the military and have 12 people who work for me that are 22 and up. Some of them try and pull the same crap my eight year old pulls.

I never knew that a group of adults could be so freakin irresponsible.

Shaken1976

Asked by Shaken1976 at 9:25 AM on May. 4, 2011 in Adult Children (18+)

• Welcome to 2011
    xmama_bellax

Answer by xmama_bellax at 9:25 AM on May. 4, 2011

• Oh yeah they can be, this is why you need references and you need to check them out.

Answer by older at 9:26 AM on May. 4, 2011

• Yeah, that's about everywhere you go. Lot's of people out there have a screwed up sense of entitlement. They think they have to just show up for work, and that's all they have to do for a paycheck.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 9:28 AM on May. 4, 2011

• We don't get to choose our people in the military. I don't hire them. They just show up and I have to deal with them.
    Shaken1976

Comment by Shaken1976 (original poster) at 9:29 AM on May. 4, 2011

• Just be glad they are not yours. I have to deal wih an irresponsible 23 yr. old who still lives at home.
    rosiemendo

Answer by rosiemendo at 9:32 AM on May. 4, 2011

• I am sorry, my ex is one of them.. I can remember hearing the rambles about how he was picked on and never treated fair but when I would be around and he would be "smoked" for something, I would sit there and think "Man, i wish I could smoke him for the same stuff at home".

Welcome to the "What's in it for me generation"
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 9:33 AM on May. 4, 2011

• I blame it on the lack of responsibility and values that our kids are getting.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:33 AM on May. 4, 2011

• It's all because they'd rather be out flying their space machines and reading that damned internet book instead of playing outside with sticks and mud.

Oh - and Obama. I'm sure he has something to do with it too.
    SleepyCupcake

Answer by SleepyCupcake at 9:38 AM on May. 4, 2011

• I think it is because I can't take a LouisVille Slugger to their head. No wall-to-wall counseling.
    Shaken1976

Comment by Shaken1976 (original poster) at 9:44 AM on May. 4, 2011

• lol
    SleepyCupcake

Answer by SleepyCupcake at 9:53 AM on May. 4, 2011