Lying

Why does my kid lie about things she knows I am going to catch her on? Did you make your bed?? Yes I made my bed. Then when I go in there there are no sheets on her bed.

Shaken1976

Asked by Shaken1976 at 9:28 AM on May. 4, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Its normal. lol
    xmama_bellax

Answer by xmama_bellax at 9:30 AM on May. 4, 2011

• My DD does the same thing, it's testing you.. They want to keep having fun and see if they can get away with it. I am the "mean" Mom that will stand there and watch my 5 year-old make her own bed after she lied to me or make her clean her room with me there. After she is done we hug and say that we are sorry for lying or what not and go back about our day. she gets timeouts for lying more than once but it is totally normal. they are just trying to see where they fit into the world, they aren't a baby and they aren't an adult or teen yet but they must be big enough to fit somewhere.. gotta love kids
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 9:31 AM on May. 4, 2011

• They want to see how much they can get away with, very normal.

Answer by older at 9:33 AM on May. 4, 2011

• My DD went through that phase and it drove me crazy!!!! She told me she lies b/c she is afraid to get into trouble. I told her she gets in more trouble for lying!
    wendydays

Answer by wendydays at 9:33 AM on May. 4, 2011

• Sounds just like my 8 year old son.
    txnmomof4

Answer by txnmomof4 at 9:33 AM on May. 4, 2011

• Sounds normal to me!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 9:38 AM on May. 4, 2011

• I guess it's normal, but it is ANNOYING!
    CashsMama

Answer by CashsMama at 9:43 AM on May. 4, 2011

• mu kids know they will get in A LOT more trouble for lying - they rarely ever lie.. which they learned at an early age - my oldest is now 5 so think about that one!
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 9:50 AM on May. 4, 2011

• She learned at an early age that lying gets her in more trouble too, She still does it. It doesn't seem to matter how much trouble she gets in. She doesn't lie about the big things. Just the things she is going to get caught on.
    Shaken1976

Comment by Shaken1976 (original poster) at 1:49 PM on May. 4, 2011

• SET CONSEQUENCES THAT WILL HAPPEN IF SHE LIES.
    15 MIN EARLY TO BED FOR FIBBING.
    LESS PLAY TIME ON THE WEEKENDS.
    10 MIN ADDED READING TIME.
    GOOD LUCK!
    TRACY1977

Answer by TRACY1977 at 3:47 PM on May. 4, 2011