Has anyone had to do this before?

I asked a question yesterday on how to cash your own money order after it being filled out. Well after trying a few of the ideas given, I finally got a hold of moneygram. They told me I could take it to a check cashing place and show them license and proof of address and it is up to them on whether or not they cash it. Has anyone ever had to do this and did you have problems doing it?

amber1330

Asked by amber1330 at 9:37 AM on May. 4, 2011 in Money & Work

• I would think any bank would do it, it wouldn't HAVE to be yours..you'd have to show ID and such maybe pay a few bucks, but like you can cash a check at other banks..now usually for a nominal fee but they will do it.
    Happymom2-2

Answer by Happymom2-2 at 10:52 AM on May. 4, 2011

• I've had to do it a couple of times. I got one at a 7-11 and they took it back. Usually I take it to a bank though. I hate it when that happens!
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 9:38 AM on May. 4, 2011

• I tried to take it back to the walmart money center where we got them, but they won't take it back :/ and I would prefer a bank, but our bank is in New York and we live in Kentucky.
    amber1330

Comment by amber1330 (original poster) at 9:41 AM on May. 4, 2011

• So hopefully we can find a check cashing company that will do it for us. Only thing that sucks is the check cashing fee :/
    amber1330

Comment by amber1330 (original poster) at 9:43 AM on May. 4, 2011

• Ive done it one time and told that you would have to have all the parts, photo id and even a receipt if you have it.
    2and2onway

Answer by 2and2onway at 11:55 AM on May. 4, 2011