My baby boy is always crying.

My baby boy is always crying. He is 3 months old. No matter what I do......I change his diaper, feed him, give him a bath, and I also make sure to play with him and hold him. When I hold him he stops crying so I know that there is nothing wrong with him. Its when I put him down thats the problem. I also have a 22 month old that needs my attention and Icant give it to her bacause of my baby. What should I do?

Susy333

Asked by Susy333 at 5:49 PM on Dec. 4, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Let him cry. It is ok to let your baby cry sometimes. I know it's hard to listen to them cry but they will really be ok
    Anonymous

• My son was the same way. Thank God I didn't have another one. I feel for you. I found out that my son had acid reflux when he was 2 months old. He never spit up at all and showed no other signs of it. He just cried allllll the time.
    BabyBreyen

Answer by BabyBreyen at 5:52 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• Wear him in a sling.
    NoGirlsAllowed

Answer by NoGirlsAllowed at 5:56 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• Ditto... mine had acid too... GRIPE WATER its cheap and fixed my kiddo's everyproblem from hiccups to whatever.... and once you know what kinds of faces he makes when the acid is coming up or when hes about to puke.... you will kind of get a feel for when to pick him up and when to let him cry... if he knows you are going to come everytime he cries he'll do it... let him cry and then when it dies down a little or talk softly to him until he stops and he gets quiet then hold him or give him what he wants
    dlwsbjmknox

Answer by dlwsbjmknox at 5:57 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• Oh I feel so sorry for you! My daughter is 10 months and STILL cries constantly. And like you said, they are fine when you pick them up, so obviously they just want held all the time. She has the acid reflux as well and is on zantac for it since it is so bad but that didnt make her stop crying at all. I cant get anything done but I dont want her crying all day so i pick her up and hold her. I know you're not supposed to but I can't listen to that all day long. Guess I don't really have any advice for you but just wanted you to know that you're not the only one! If you figure it out be sure to let me know....I need my sanity back! haha
    JillibeansMom

Answer by JillibeansMom at 6:50 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• My son was the same way but I just had to learn to let him get used to laying by himself for a while. I would put him under a mobile or even by the TV sometimes to keep him preoccupied. We both had to suffer for a while but he's 4 months now and can lay in his bouncy chair or on the bed for sometimes a good 30 minutes before he fusses. He just needed some entertainment! I also carried him around in a baby carrier for a while but he didn't like it much.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 10:13 PM on Dec. 4, 2008