What is the best?

Way to get motivated to have a garage sale?

buttonlts

Asked by buttonlts at 9:46 AM on May. 4, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I was in need of money for Christmas and we were drowning in junk!!! It was totally worth the entire day outside in the heat. We have done 3 in the last couple of years. I know it is sooooo much work, and you are totally exhausted in the end, but when you have the money and a cleaner house, it is so worth it!! A rule we had, whatever did not sell, did NOT come back in the house, it went to Salvation Army!
    AngieBry

Answer by AngieBry at 9:57 AM on May. 4, 2011

• run out of room! lol thats where I am at, we are out of room and up to our eyeballs in clothes at no longer fit, toys that are no longer being played with and just junk that we haven't used or even thought about in forever..

if that doesn't work, use my Granny's thought track "The more crap I sell the more crap I can buy from someone else"
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 9:48 AM on May. 4, 2011

• just keep reminding yourself that you do not have room for all the stuff, and after the sale you will have money to play around with.
    annanonnymommy

Answer by annanonnymommy at 10:05 AM on May. 4, 2011

• Put all your clutter in the middle of your livingroom and have it staring at you for a few days- That did it for me!!!
    wendydays

Answer by wendydays at 9:49 AM on May. 4, 2011

• Don't think it would all fir in the living room :)
    buttonlts

Comment by buttonlts (original poster) at 9:53 AM on May. 4, 2011

• Once you get started cleaning and getting items together you will get excited and realize you have more stuff to ditch than you thought and if your in a good location you can make the money, think about the money!!!! Motivation will kick in!
    Momabear455

Answer by Momabear455 at 12:35 PM on May. 4, 2011

• Just imagine all the clutter finally getting the heck out of your way.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 8:45 PM on May. 4, 2011

• We had a yard sale Easter weekend, mostly kid clothes/shoes/toys/a barbie bed with mattress, and we made 200 bucks. The girls were able to buy more Easter items to put in their basket. We had redecorated their room before Christmas last year, and all they're old and out worn items were placed in the basement. The girls asked if we could have a yard sale so they can make some money. I was impressed, and my wallet was too.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 8:49 PM on May. 4, 2011