How do stay at home moms with little children keep a house clean?

Do any of you stay at home moms have tips or suggestions on keeping a house clean? See I have severe ADD.which makes it difficult to concentrate on one thing at a time. I struggle everyday with organization. So if any of you have ideas please let me know! Thanks!

Klt3shottie

Asked by Klt3shottie at 10:03 AM on May. 4, 2011 in Home & Garden

• Two words... crate training.
    SleepyCupcake

Answer by SleepyCupcake at 10:04 AM on May. 4, 2011

• Its so hard and with ADD I'm sure it is harder...............let them play as long as it is messy and not nasty who cares you have kids thats to be expected.............clean when they nap or at night when they go to bed.....better yet if you can afford a maid get one thats what I did and it was the best thing I ever did
    buttonlts

Answer by buttonlts at 10:05 AM on May. 4, 2011

• Its easy..... you just need your mindset. Not to say sometimes I don't have a mishap, but 99.9% of the time its DONE.
    If not its because I'm REALLY sick...... I have severe OCD so... I don't know if this will help you but I get up at 5AM on the
    dot every morning, even on weekends and clean. I also make sure everything is spotless before I go to bed.

You just have to do it. I do, and I have 3 almost 4 (due anytime) under 3 years old.
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 10:06 AM on May. 4, 2011

• I don't know how old your children are but if you can get them to help you clean up their room. I have got my 8 y old to clean the bathroom and their bedroom. My 4yo helps out to buy picking up stuff off the floor.
    Autumn07

Answer by Autumn07 at 10:06 AM on May. 4, 2011

• Clean up as it happens- don't just sit there and let it build up.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 10:06 AM on May. 4, 2011

• First you need to eliminate clutter. Anything you aren't using or toys your children do not play with you can donate or sell.
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 10:07 AM on May. 4, 2011

That will also help you. A ton!
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 10:07 AM on May. 4, 2011

• Just remember this....Cleaning house while kids are still growing is like shoveling snow while its still snowing :)
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 10:08 AM on May. 4, 2011

• Sleepy...I've seen that response a couple of times from you and it cracks me up. I'm sure you are kidding but it is so funny..Thanks for the laugh.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 10:09 AM on May. 4, 2011

• Having a playroom helps...I just push everything in there and shut the door :) And they are ONLY allowed to eat in two spots the kitchen and we have one crap chair that is referred to as the "food chair" lol.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 10:11 AM on May. 4, 2011