Should I change to a different OB?

Ive had two miscarriages in two years. I am almost 6 weeks pregnant now. My OB done a beta hcg and it came back good. The numbers were doubling. Now she doesnt want to see me until almost 9 weeks. Im worried im going to get my hopes up and something is going to already have gone wrong by the time I get back to the dr. Im surprised she didnt want to do an ultra sound or anything.

jmgblair10

Asked by jmgblair10 at 10:08 AM on May. 4, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Well hon, go with what you feel. You have to make that decision! If you think it will be better for the baby: switch!
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 10:10 AM on May. 4, 2011

• honestly, there wouldn't be anything she could do between now and them. Normally OB's don't even see you until you are 9 weeks or later for a reason that may seem brutal but....it's done to weed out the miscarriages, which statistically happen more often before that point. With both my pregnancies that took, the OB didn't see me until 9-10 weeks!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 10:10 AM on May. 4, 2011

• I guess Im just going crazy sitting around and waiting for something to happen since ive already had two miscarriages. Its hard :(
    jmgblair10

Comment by jmgblair10 (original poster) at 10:13 AM on May. 4, 2011

• Thats understandable, but this early in the game no one is going to keep seeing you frequently, most likely if you called around no one would see you untill at least 9 weeks anyway! Just try to relax about it, that's the best thing for you and baby right now.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 10:16 AM on May. 4, 2011

• I would have to agree with the other Mommas there is really nothing that she can do. An ultra sound would show hardly nothing at this point. I would just stay put and try to be optimistic.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 10:25 AM on May. 4, 2011

• I understand, I have had two miscarriages. But normally you do not see a doctor until around 8 or 9 weeks. An ultrasound done before then will not pick up a heartbeat. My last miscarriage, I went on for nearly 2 mo. thinking I was pregnant, then at 9 1/2 wks ultrasound, there was no heartbeat. Unfortunately, aside from taking care of yourself, there is not much you or the doctor can do at this point. I wish you the best!!
    AngieBry

Answer by AngieBry at 10:28 AM on May. 4, 2011

• I agree with the other moms but I wanted to add my Good Luck too!! Hope all goes well!!!
    alligurl186

Answer by alligurl186 at 12:55 PM on May. 4, 2011

• I am surpried that your OB wanted to see yout this early as well.

You have to do whatever makes you feel better though, I still think changing would still have to wait to get into the office and see the new OB....so maybe waiting until 9 weeks isn't so bad...

Good luck

mamawhit

Answer by mamawhit at 2:31 PM on May. 4, 2011